Executive Head Chef
As an executive chef you will employed to work in one of the most prestigious buildings in Northern Ireland on a contract which provides fine dining, banqueting and staff restaurant catering to the Northern Ireland Assembly.
This exciting opportunity is for a chef who has a passion for local food, who is creative and will demonstrate flair, talent and innovation. The Executive chef will ensure that all legislative and statutory obligation relating to food, health and safety, risk assessments/management, HACCP and COSHH are applied and maintained at all times; and that all financial forecasts and budgets are adhered to. The successful candidate will be an excellent leader, taking full responsibility for the effective management of the team of chefs and the porter brigade.
This is a senior role within the team and requires great organisation skills, together with the ability to effectively support, drive and deliver the strategic aims of the contract. You will be highly organised and self-motivated.
Security clearance is a pre-requite for the successful candidate.
- Kitchen management
- Team management
- Coaching & team development
- Food ordering / Stock taking
- Waste management
- Health & Safety
- Creating menus using local ingredients
- Marketing & Planning food concepts
- Benchmarking & Industry awareness
- Managing functions and VIP events
- Managing labour and product costs
The Ideal Candidate
- Previous restaurant / function Kitchen management
- Experience of running a busy kitchen
- Experience of managing a team
- Ability to liaise effectively with colleagues
- Ability to liaise with other managers within the team
- Marketing and presentation skills
- Minimum of two/three years in a senior/similar role within large scale catering and experience in fine dining restaurants and banqueting operations.
- Good computer skills
- Industry acumen and knowledge of external catering developments and innovations.
- Ability to carry out pre and post costings.
- NVQ L3
- Intermediate Food hygiene certificate.
- Experience of running large functions and weddings
- Sound knowledge of Hygiene, Health and environmental Issues.
Competitive salary of £30,000-£35,000 DOE + benefits including pension, flexible benefits scheme through salary sacrifice, starting holiday entitlement of 20 days plus statutory 8 days per year.
As part of our commitment to improving the quality of life for our employees, Sodexo offers a flexible benefits scheme allowing you to tailor a reward package to suit your needs which includes a technology scheme, private dental insurance, travel insurance, gym membership, Gourmet card, private medical insurance and the ability to purchase or sell annual leave to name but a few.
We also offer Sodexo Discounts site promoting discounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains and days out, where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly food shop to the latest cinema blockbuster.
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to further engage ex-forces personnel and reservists. Those applying for roles with us who meet the essential criteria advertised under the ‘ideal candidate’ on the vacancy advertised are guaranteed to progress within the selection process.