Executive Head Chef
This is an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic, quality focused chef to work with a leading company, Independents by Sodexo, to develop your culinary career in a fantastic environment and with access to fantastic facilities. In this role, you will join the senior management team for an Independent School and provide strategic craft, offer development and daily food production for a leading day and boarding boy’s school.
The opportunity is therefore suited to Chefs with an excellent craft background and ability to coach and inspire a talented team to deliver a first class catering experience to our customers.
Find out more about our Careers in Schools
- Lead the production and strategy for daily food services for up to 1,000 students and staff - 3 meals per day, across 7 days per week.
- Manage the delivery and design of high profile hospitality services and school events/functions, ensuring a 5 star service
- Lead, develop and inspire a brigade of 8 Chefs to ensure a high quality service is delivered, providing coaching and training when required.
- Develop the service offering and lead the engineering of menus and food innovation for the site
- Have responsibility for all aspects of Health & Safety and Food Hygiene
- Ensure financial documentation and accountancy of the unit (and those from suppliers) is accurate and within agreed budgeted levels
The Ideal Candidate
- Previous experience in a senior culinary role, ideally within volume catering, hospitality and fine dining, gained within a 5* environment
- Excellent managerial skills and experience of managing and inspiring a large team of Chefs
- Industry acumen and knowledge of external catering developments and innovations
- Good communication skills and ability to communicate at all levels
- Good financial awareness
- Personal innovation and passion for quality food
- Experience working in a standards/compliance environment
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.