Executive Head Chef
Are you a senior craft professional looking to development your food services career?
We are recruiting an Executive Head Chef to take accountability for all food services delivery including hospitality at one of our high profile professional services contracts in central London. If successful you will provide strategy and innovation in line with commercial food and menu planning and enhance client and customer experience.
- Drive sales through centrally driven menu plans and promotions and ensure compliance through preferred suppliers within the agreed specification and to the agreed performance, qualitative and financial targets.
- Provide high quality service to customers and client in line with a food service offer that is applicable to sector and client.
- Ensure financial targets & budgets are met & drive sales through innovation & service excellence
- Oversee the function, menu planning, costings & service of the exec catering & hospitality offer Oversee the functionality & service levels of the onsite coffee shop
- Responsible for driving compliance of Health, Safety, Food Hygiene and COSHH regulations.
- To demonstrate innovation in our food service offers and ensure the showcasing of new trends on site at regular intervals
- Ensure all concepts & new offers are delivered to spec set up with Mark Wetherill.
- Manage, motivate and lead employees to perform their roles to a high standard and in alignment to Sodexo policies and procedures
- Periodically visit dining area to engage with diners. Your voice sessions
- Provide training and professional development opportunities for all kitchen staff
The Ideal Candidate
- Ability to achieve and set standards and to work to budget
- Training and development of the team is given a focus for performance, engagement and retention
- Deliver a food offer on trend with the high street counterparts.
- Oversee regular promotions & food concepts/ innovations
- Possess good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with customers, clients and staff to promote a team effort and maintain a positive and professional approach
- Good time management and organisational skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Previous experience of managing a team
- Basic Food Hygiene Certificate (Advanced managing food safety certification)
- 706/2 or NVQ2 chef qualification, or equivalent
- Industry acumen and knowledge of catering developments & innovations
- Previous Head Chef experience running both a hospitality offer including fine dining, events and staff dining restaurant
- Knowledge of Sodexo IT Systems (or equivalent on line systems)
- Menu Planning
- Recipe online adherence & planning
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over 1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process