Executive Development Chef
If you're have extensive experience as a culinary professional then this could be the role for you.
This is a fantastic opportunity to enhance your culinary career. A specialist, craft focused Executive Development Chef is required to oversee the consistency and delivery of food services across designated corporate clients in London.
- Lead innovation, new concept roll-out and food standards for a very prestigious B&I estate which is mainly London based
- Work with celebrity chefs and experienced high profile chefs in London
- Understand our market leader clients and their needs
- Devise food presentations and help develop craft forums within our business.
- Maintain knowledge of the importance of sustainability within food and make recommendations on menus that helps us with waste mitigation, using sustainable ingredients and encourages a âthink circularâ mentality
- Develop food offers & marketing initiatives, ensuring that we are on trend, innovative and profitable
- Assist with increasing sales & retaining/growing our business via fresh food and innovation
- Coach and develop chefs to ensure they are able to perform to the required capability level and can meet and maintain (at all times) company standards, compliance & policies in all areas of food health, safety and quality.
- Ensure that excellent levels of service are being delivered to the customers.
- Compliance with all Company & Client policies, site rules and statutory regulations relating to Health & Safety, safe working practices, hygiene, cleanliness, fire and COSHH.
The Ideal Candidate
- Multi-site experience â international experience would be advantageous too
- A passionate, energetic individual who loves cooking and loves delivering seasonal, tasty, on trend food
- Proven and extensive knowledge and experience of the premium restaurant sector and / or contract catering
- UK experience and market understanding is a must
- Multi concept / multi cuisine experience and an in depth knowledge of food
- Excellent financial aptitude
- Knowledge of star chef, recipe on line or similar systems
- Proven track record of successful food initiatives
- Ambassador for food safety and health and safety
- This role will be based out of the head office near London with national travel involved, we ideally need someone who lives in a daily commuting distance to London
- The overall package is negotiable based on your experience and will consist of a competitive basic plus benefits.
- This role would be great for an existing Head of food, Group Executive Chef, Senior Development Chef, Food director who is looking for a new and exciting change.
- Band B â 23 days holiday + discretionary 15% bonus + £1,300 contribution to the Sodexo Flexible Benefits Scheme + Pension + Childcare Vouchers
At Sodexo we are committed to continuing to improve our approach to diversity and inclusion in order to build Sodexoâs reputation as an employer of choice. As part of our commitment to increasing the diversity of our workforce, we will be piloting a new recruitment process for six months on a selection of our jobs. This process will involve âanonymisingâ the CVs of applicants. This means that when our hiring managers receive your CV it will no longer contain any personal information relating to you, only your skills and career history. The profile created by our system for you will be considered rather than your CV. With this in mind please ensure that you complete your application fully.
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process