Events and Front of House Coordinator
- Generate events appointments and ensure activity is recorded and managed weekly and monthly
- Answer telephone, emails and follow up general inquiries on a day to day basis
- Ensure provisional bookings are recorded in the enquiry tracker and followed up accordingly
- Chase provisional bookings on a daily basis as to ensure conversion and accurate forecast of business level
- Ensure all bookings and inquiries are handled in the same fashion and receive the same, consistent attention and service in accordance with the company standards and Service Manual
- Maintain and update accounts; update quotes, bookings and other guest administration such as databases, master document and sales cabinet, etc. on a daily basis
- Conduct show rounds for meeting and events and convert leads and enquiries into bookings
- Co-ordinate with the catering, hospitality and logistics departments
- Communicate guests’ requirements and schedule for events and meetings to operations (functions sheets, email for any updates and weekly meeting)
- Ensure that for every confirmed booking, credit facilities have been set up
- Receive and manage post event/stay feedback from guests, escalating as necessary
- Build client relationship through consistency and attention to detail
- Be able to conduct a complete and smooth visit of premises: knowledge of the site (location, history, capacity, description, facilities, services, etc.), meeting and function rooms (number, capacity, features and amenities) and public areas (description and features)
- Organise and participate in guest show rounds and site inspections, meeting rooms and food and beverages areas
Ensure that any external contact with guests, media and suppliers is maintained in accordance with the company standards and Service Manual, maintaining the reputation of the company
The Ideal Candidate
As an Event Coordinator, you will be responsible to ensure the effective operation of all corporate and special events, delivering excellent customer service and leadership to all colleagues and guests respectively.
- Excellent administration skills are essential for this role with a keen eye for detail; the candidate should have the ability to multi task as they will be dealing with several requests simultaneously. They must be computer literate and be fully conversant with the use of Microsoft word, Microsoft excel, PowerPoint & other office packages. A good telephone manner and understanding of English is essential along with excellent organisational skills.
- The successful candidate will be working as part of a busy Front of House team, as well as coordinating events, their role will also involve some Reception duty support.
- Either previous corporate experience or events experience is preferable for this position.
- Excellent communication skills, demonstrating a proactive and solution-focused approach
- Good written and verbal English
- A fast learner who wants to progress in their career to be able to manage large scale complex events in the future
- Excellent IT skills, particularly in Word, Excel and PowerPoint, plus an ability to grasp new software quickly
- Ability to be self-sufficient and manage own workload once it is assigned
- Proactive approach in undertaking a variety of responsibilities and able to work under pressure within a fast-paced environment
- Able to demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness and able to monitor own work to ensure quality
- Flexible in working outside of core hours
- A key team player including supporting team members as necessary
About the Company
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young persons and vulnerable adults. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland (Scotland).
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors.
With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.