We have an excellent opportunity for a passionate events professional to join the Sodexo team at The Crystal. The Crystal is home to the world’s largest exhibition on the future of cities, as well as one of the world’s most sustainable building and events venues. As the Event Coordinator you will act as a bridge between the sales team, event clients and operations teams, planning and organising the fulfilment of client event bookings to ensure timely delivery. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is client focussed, highly organised and can drive high standards.
Our heritage is built on catering and hospitality experience and fuelled by our passion for exceptional food and service. For over 40 years we have been providing bespoke catering and hospitality services for sports stadia, racecourses, visitor, attractions, historic venues, major events and premium airline lounges. Recognised across the globe for hospitality, we help create exceptional moments at extraordinary events such as Royal Ascot, Tour de France, The Open Championship and RHS Chelsea Flower Show.
For more information on the company see Careers in Sports and Leisure
- Supporting the sales function and operations, liaising across departments to make sure the event runs as planned.
- Planning, organising and finalising client event bookings
- Prepare and manage event bookings in order to achieve set targets and financial objectives
- Co-ordinating service delivery between departments
- Develop and implement policies and procedures necessary for meeting the requirements of clients and ensuring a satisfied clientele
- Meeting the client at the event, being on hand during the event to answer any questions.
- Assist in resolving clients’ issues/problems by listening to complaints and offering solutions
- Maintain excellent customer service and ensure the operations team adhere to acceptable standards for client service
- Conduct post event research to evaluate customer satisfaction levels
The Ideal Candidate
Up to £24,000 + Benefits
About the Company
Our mission is improve the quality of life of Sodexo employees and all those we serve, and contribute to the economic, social and environmental development of the communities, regions and countries in which we operate. We work to improve the well-being of people across the globe through our unique range of expert services and the talent of our teams. As one of the world’s largest employers and a
company of “people at the service of other people,” we are committed to being an employer of choice – providing jobs for our people, as well as training and opportunities for internal promotion to help our employees move up the career ladder.