- Acting as main liaison for ALL evening catering activities for bar and evening events
- Manage and control the services to the agreed specification and to the agreed performance, qualitative and financial targets.
- Manage a team to increase the Client and Sodexo’s revenue opportunities i.e., cash sales, labour efficiencies and generate the GOP expected across the portfolio of business
- Nurture client & stakeholder relationships in order to stabilise & develop them for long term partnerships
- Recruit, induct and develop talented employees within the business portfolio and to manage performance through appraisals, training and performance management
- Identify opportunities for organic growth and new business.
- Management of Health, Safety and Environmental Legislation relating to the bar ensuring the statutory requirements are met and all records maintained in line with Sodexo policies and procedures.
- Responsible for driving Continuous Improvement
- Ensure City bar licencing conditions are adhered at ALL times
- Ensure daily co- ordination between catering coordinator and SEM to maintain & organise bar bookings and event marketing
- Provide training and support to designated Sodexo personnel across the City portfolio to enable the best customer service and experience possible
- Ensure incidents reports are filled in promptly and submitted in timely manner
- Maintain and assist in developing SOP manuals for both delivered and serviced Hospitality events
- Support the BM and the account team in varied operational activities.
- Check and Review the work of Bar team and Hospitality Staff
- Look for and implement opportunities to drive Sodexo revenue and labour productivity in your units
- Carry out other reasonable tasks as directed by Management
- Suggest new products and initiatives
- Service Delivery – City bar food service, hospitality service as per agreed standards and client specifications
- Assist in Selecting, recruiting and inducting the right team.
- Develop your people and ensure succession planning.
- Measure the performance of your people by giving feedback and reviewing and completing appraisals.
- Communicate regularly – pre service briefings / face to face team meetings, weekly catering huddles etc
- To manage the bar team to ensure that bar areas are prepared and ready for the appropriate service and to ensure that all service standards and company initiatives are met.
The Ideal Candidate
- Immaculate Personal Standards
- Good Organisational and Delegation Skills
- A real people person with ability to lead, develop and motivate a team
- Strong relationship management skills
- Proactive Team Player
- Strong IT skills
- Exceptional Communicational Skills including written and spoken English
- Passionate about food and delivery of great customer service
- Good financial awareness
- Previous event management & Bar experience required
- Cocktail Knowledge (Desirable)
- Personal Licence Holder (desirable)
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support exforces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.