Enhanced Supervision Security Officer
Sodexo Healthcare on behalf of Manchester University NHS Foundation Trust are to provide an Operational Enhanced Supervision Security Service at Manchester University Hospital - Oxford Road Campus, we currently have an opportunity for 10 Security Officers to join our expanding team who is a focused individual to who can support with patients within an adult and childrens ward setting who can demonstrate a high risk of aggression and / or self-harm to others. We are currently looking to recruit experienced Security Operatives to assist inproviding anEnhanced Supervision Service at ourCentral Manchester Healthcare site.
Manchester University Hospital - Oxford Road Campus comprises five hospitals on a single, 22 acre site, including the largest childrens hospital in Europe. The site is the largest Private Finance Initiative in healthcare in the country,in accordance with the terms and conditions of the contracts.
If you have a strong security background, are confident, enthusiastic and flexible to meet business requirements this is a fantastic opportunity for you
- Maintain a safe environment for patients on a one to one basis.
- Security Observation handover reviews.
- Continued liaison with ward / departmental management.
- Recording details relevant to the patients risk of harm or potential harm to others / maintaining accurate records.
- In support of nursing staff and accompany patients to other clinical areas i.e. to x-ray, outpatients and/or outside the ward/department, as requested by the Nurse in Charge.
- Preventing / controlling and defusing situations using de-escalation and breakaway techniques.
- Monitoring patients under enhanced observation for significant change (deterioration) in or behavior at any time.
- Ensuring full handovers are conducted as per the Security Supervision Protocol.
- To maintain accurate records and write reports when required
Other Duties will include (list not exhaustive)
- To conduct all patrols diligently, in full in accordance with the site assignment instructions.
- Ensure that all check calls are made as per assignment instructions.
- To carry out any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the relevant manager or on his/her behalf / contract requirement.
The Ideal Candidate
- Excellent communication & customer service skills.
- Excellent awareness skills.
- Excellent written skills.
- Experience in working in a similar role.
- Knowledge of security techniques.
- Must be punctual and have the ability to think on their feet.
- Reliable with excellent time-management skills
Flexibility is a must; all roles work a rotational shift (16 weeks) of four day shifts 07:00/19:00, four off, four night shifts 19:00/07:00 and four off.
The hourly rate is 9.00 and always paid weekly for an average 42 hour week.
When applying all candidates must be in possession of a Valid SIA Licence in either Manned Guarding / Door Supervision or Close Protection
The Trust has a zero tolerance to violence. You and your colleagues would assist in moderating behaviour of those on the site. You will receive fulltraining on dealing with physical intervention in a Healthcare and Mental Health environment.
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over 1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.