We are looking to recruit an Engineering Supervisor to support the delivery of minor works and technical services on site at leading engineering business .The position will be joining the Sodexo team working with our client at BAE Systems Land (UK) in Glascoed, South Wales near the village of Usk.
Land (UK) consists of ten sites across the UK and designs, develops and manufactures a comprehensive range of combat vehicles and munitions for both the MOD and over 50 other countries around the world. You will be located at BAE Systems Glascoed.
This is an exceptional career opportunity, you will be given the opportunity to really shape the delivery of Sodexoâs on site FM services on an extremely high profile account.
- Ensure all works undertaken are on time and in accordance with Statutory Legislation, appropriate maintenance specification and agreed SLA response times
- Ensure compliance with all Health & Safety legislation and Company/Client Health & Safety practices and procedures.
- Oversee Hard Services employee and contractor/supplier activities and ensure all safety aspects are managed and monitored in accordance with site procedures and requirements.
- Be an essential part of the management of a team who will ensure the safe operation and repair of building engineering services, fabric equipment, porterage and Handyman services on the site.
- Co-ordinate labour (direct and sub contract) to ensure delivery of the Planned Preventative Maintenance Services
- Manage the provision of a reactive maintenance service during normal operating hours of the site.
- Lead in the provision of a reactive maintenance service outside operating hours of the site.
- Undertake maintenance and reactive activity, to a wide range of Air Conditioning, refrigeration, de-humidification and Chiller systems located in commercial and industrial premises.
- In addition undertake activity within your competence to support the team in the undertaking planned and reactive activities to building fabric and building engineering services.
- Be an essential part of the local team who will ensure the safe operation and repair of all M&E building services and fabric equipment on the site.
The Ideal Candidate
- IOSH Passport or CSCS Card
- Qualified to C&G 2079/11
- HND or NVQ or equivalent in a relevant subject
- Preferably 10 years (minimum of 5 years) experience in building engineering services.
- Previous appointment as Authorised Person for one or more of the following disciplines, LV, Mechanical Services, Confined Spaces, Boiler and Pressure Systems.
- Experience of Construction Design Management Regulations (CDM).
- Excellent communications both written and verbal.
- Numerate and computer literate.
- IOSH Managing Safety
- Membership of Institute of Leadership and Management
- DSEAR Regulations trained, competent and experienced
- Working understanding Explosive Regulations 2014 and COMAH Regulations
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process