HMP Addiewell are currently recruiting for an Electrician.
This is an extremely important role, reporting to the Maintenance Team Leader, and working closely with colleagues and external agencies, both locally, and in the wider Sodexo environment.
We have an effective prisoner peer support model, in which prisoners assist staff in the delivery of classes, programmes and activities becoming positive role models for others.HM Prison Addiewell is a high security prison, with a focus on enabling those in its care to change their life pathway. We have a strong and concerted focus on supporting prisoners to address their offending behaviour through delivery of programmes and working with a range of professionals including prison custody officers. We deliver relevant skills via training and employment and work with all areas of the wider community to ensure that prisoners have the best possible chance of leading positive lives following release.
Addiewell opened in 2008 and has become an integral part of the Scottish Prison Service estate earning much praise for our innovation, use of technology, strong partnership working as well as our “can do” culture.
For more information on working in Justice within Sodexo please see Careers in Justice
- Carry out repairs and preventative maintenance to all electrical and other systems where suitably trained within the establishment.
- Maintain accurate records of all preventative maintenance and repair work carried out and report in detail any substandard or defective equipment.
- Perform scheduled maintenance service on electrical systems and fixtures
- Escort specialist contractors and work beside them as required.
- All work to be carried out by the relevant trade Standards
- Ensure Health and Safety policies are adhered to at all times
- Carry out, out of hours call out procedures on an “On Call” rota system and take appropriate action
The Ideal Candidate
- Qualified to the latest edition of the IEE regulations.
- Experience of working in an FM role.
- Must have served a recognised Apprenticeship and obtained relevant trade qualification.
- Ability to perform tasks alone or as part of a team to a high standard
- Experience of portable appliance testing.
- Emergency first aid trained.
- Experience / qualification in using MEWP.
- Experience of working in a secure environment.
- Enhanced Disclosure Scotland certification (current ).
£27,000 - £29,000 per annum
Will be required to be on call on a rota system
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
Sodexo Justice aims to change lives for the better by reducing reoffending and improving the quality of life for those under our supervision and in our care. We deliver safe, effective and innovative custodial and community rehabilitation services that challenge offending behaviour, protect the public and offer individuals the opportunity to change their lives for the better. We deliver the total operation of five prisons within the UK and own six Community Rehabilitation Companies in partnership with crime reduction charity Nacro.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
Please note all roles within Sodexo Justice are subject to security and recruitment checks which may include a Social Media Check. You will also be asked to provide 3 years’ worth of references and request employment history details from the HMRC.