We are currently seeking a highly talented Electrician. Reporting to the Electrical Supervisor you will be responsible for the safe operation and maintenance of all plant and equipment. Carrying out a wide range of electrical repairs and new works to a high standard.
As an Electrician you will be responsible for:
- Ensuring the system is fully competent in the fault diagnosis, repair and testing of all electrical plant equipment
- Repair of designated plant and equipment within the limits of their trade, having the ability to fault find, diagnose and repair using their technical knowledge on equipment, including but not limited to: Boilers, Air Conditioners/ Ventilation systems, Electrical Installations, Control Systems, Lifts, Heating Systems, Operation of computer aided data collection, Steriliser / de-contamination equipment, Generators, Automatic Controls
- Interpret and work from instruction, drawings and specifications appropriate to the electrical trade without constant supervision
- Carry out electrical repairs/ new work to a high level of skill, conforming to the IEE Regulations/HTM requirements
- Observe all statutory and legal requirements, particularly in relation to Health & Safety at Work Act and the IEE Regulations/HTM’s
The Ideal Candidate
The successful candidate for this role will have:
- Knowledge of procedures for maintenance and repair of electrical equipment: BTEC/ONC Level or City and Guilds plus relevant post apprenticeship training or equivalent experience
- Basic mechanical knowledge and ability to carry out minor repairs and installations
Mobile electrician required to travel to client sites throughout Aberdeen and shire.
Commercial vehicle provided.
About the Company
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young persons and vulnerable adults. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland (Scotland).
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors.
With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.