Electrical Maintenance Technician
We currently have an opportunity for a Maintenance Technician to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
• Undertake maintenance and reactive activity to a wide range of Electrical Building Services equipment including but not limited to LV systems, general lighting, building controls, small power and distribution, BMS systems and other equipment found in modern commercial/industrial premises
• Undertake within your levels of competency, inspection and reactive activity wide range of Mechanical Building Services equipment including but not limited to heating boilers, pumps, compressed air systems, sanitary ware, fan coil and air handling units and BMS systems and other equipment found in modern commercial/industrial premises.
• Be an essential part of the local team who will ensure the safe operation and repair of all M&E building services and fabric equipment on the site.
• To work within a shift system to provide a core presence at client sites within an extended weekday period.
• To undertake weekend/out of hours working to complete intrusive maintenance activites that cannot be undertaken in client operating hours.
• To implement systems that will ensure plant is maintained and operated to its optimum efficiency.
• Take part in Appraisals/Performance Reviews including the recognition of training and development needs.
• Monitor site performance of sub-contractors and report poor performance.
• Use of IT systems (Handheld device) as part of the CAFM system.
The Ideal Candidate
• C&G 2382-12 (17th Edition BS7671:2008) ideally with C&G 2391 Inspection & Testing
• IOSH Passport or CSCS Card
• HND or NVQ or equivalent in a relevant subject
• 5 years experience in electrical building services and plant engineering with a good alround working knowldge of mechanical systems.
• Excellent communications both written and verbal.
• Numerate and computer literate.
• Previous appointment as AP/CP for one or more of the following disciplines, LV, Confined Spaces, Working at Heights
• Experience of Construction Design Management Regulations (CDM).
Job Title: Engineering Technician (Electrical)
Reports To: Engineering & Technical Services Manager.
Responsible To: Accounts Manager
The post holder is responsible for providing leadership and technical assistance for Client & Sodexo staff and contractors ensuring compliance with Sodexo and the BAE Systems safety standards and procedures (including; Electrical distribution, lighting, fire detection, building control & automation, standby generator plant, security access control, CCTV, nurse call systems, HVAC & data-communications).
The post holder performs work activities which are often complex and/or non-routine and undertakes fault diagnosis & fault rectification, maintenance, and capital work across the Trust. In addition, he/she plans minor improvement work and surveys as directed by management.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To assist in the management of HTM06-02, The Electrical Safety Code for Low Voltage Systems as appointed Authorised Person (LV) for the site.
- To work in hazardous areas taking all safety measures to prevent danger, avoid injury and prevent damage to equipment..
- Provide technical advice and support including liaison with electrical contractors appointed on major capital projects and minor upgrade works.
- To liaise with manufacturers regarding plant or equipment failures and to arrange the supply of goods and services under maintenance contract and/or direct contract.
- Undertake faultfinding on complex critical systems and equipment. Using ‘cause effect analyses and detailed examination to gain a solution.
- Assist management undertaking detailed commissioning tests.
- Work overtime to carry out emergency repairs as required by management.
- To participate in the Sites on-call rota and to undertake on-site duties as part of the on-call team to ensure that emergency repairs occurring out of normal hours are attended to
- At all times to carry site / Sodexo communication devices (Pagers and/or mobile phones) to facilitate immediate response to emergencies.
Responsibility for the management of portable electrical equipment testing records, the issue of fixed installation certificates and general test certificates.
- Collect, collate and assimilate technical information to support performance monitoring of maintenance activities. Formatting and creating spreadsheets and/or databases for performance monitoring and planned maintenance schedules.
- Assess electrical test certificates and monitor results to ensure compliance with the latest edition of the Wiring Regulations BS7671. Organising remedial works or emergency isolations as and when required.
- Participate, maintain and udertake requirements of audits in accordance with Sodexo polices and procedures as and when required.
- Manage computerised test data including downloading, uploading and day-to-day management of equipment databases and spreadsheets.
- Organise the calibration of test equipment.
Provides advice, support and assist project management for the implementation of Recharge, Minor & Capital works.
- Planning and organisation of minor installation and improvement works.
- Contacting suppliers/wholesalers assessing costs and delivery times in accordance with the Sodexo procurement procedures.
- Requisitioning tools and equipment as necessary for the completion of works.
- Issuing project completion certificates.
- Undertaking performance monitoring and issuing
- Undertake contract of induction.
- Monitor health & safety of all personnel on site performing activities on behalf of the trust and Sodexo.
- Issue approved persons (AP) certificates.
Health and Safety Responsibilities
To ensure that the Sodexo / site Health and Safety Policies are understood and observed and that procedures are followed.
To ensure the appropriate use of equipment and facilities and that the working environment is maintained in good order.
To take the necessary precautions to safeguard the welfare and safety of yourself, Clients, visitors, and staff, in accordance with the Health and Safety at Work Act.
To undertake appropriate health and safety training to support safe working practice, including where appropriate, its management.
To demonstrate a practical understanding of risk assessment in relation to their areas of responsibility and to ensure safe systems of work are in place.
To ensure that all incidents occurring within the department are reported in accordance with Trust procedures, investigated and corrective action taken as necessary and/or reported to senior management and specialist advisers.
About the Company
Sodexo is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland (Scotland).
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors.
With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.