Electrical FM Technician
The Electrical FM Technician role is part of the Integrated Facilities Management team providing technical and facility support to the IFM team ensuring that our client and staff are provided with an attractive, safe, accessible and welcoming environment within our global clients site
- Undertake maintenance and reactive activity to a wide range of Electrical Building Services equipment including but not limited to LV systems, general lighting, building controls, small power and distribution, and other equipment found in modern commercial/industrial premises
- Responsibility for the management of portable electrical equipment testing records, the issue of fixed installation certificates and general test certificates.
- Perform scheduled maintenance service on electrical systems and fixtures
- All work to be carried out by the relevant trade Standards
- Participate, maintain and undertake requirements of audits in accordance with Sodexo policies and procedures as and when required. Maintain up to date information and files
- Liaison and coordination of external contractors to complete required maintenance or breakdown service.
- To undertake weekend/out of hours working to complete intrusive maintenance activities that cannot be undertaken in client operating hours
- Planning and organisation of minor installation and improvement works.
- Helpdesk general support requests This position will also involve a wide variety of general maintenance work not limited to electrical work
- Main point of contact for the site out of hours
- Contacting suppliers/wholesalers assessing costs and delivery times in accordance with the Sodexo procurement procedures.
- To ensure the appropriate use of equipment and facilities and that the working environment is maintained in good order
- To undertake appropriate health and safety training to support safe working practice, including where appropriate, its management.
- To undertake permit to works, working at heights, risk assessments and lock out tag out procedures
- Understanding of Health and Safety issues and requirements related to the maintenance Industry gained through experience
- Ability to take ownership and be accountable for all aspects of the role, ensuring tasks delivery is within time-scales, high quality and excellent customer satisfaction.
The Ideal Candidate
- 3 years’ experience in electrical building services and plant engineering
- Level 6 of the NQAI Certificate in Electrical Craft Practice or equivalent.
- Qualified for Electrical Verification & Certification with QC Number
- Trained in I.S.3217 the Irish Standard for Emergency Lighting
- Excellent communications both written and verbal.
- Exceptional customer focus with a positive, can-do attitude
- Numerate and computer literate.
Electrical FM Technician
Monday to Friday
39 hours per week
Training will be given
Applications to: Margaret.McGinn@sodexo.com
About the Company
Sodexo UK & Ireland employs around 43,000 people and delivers On-Site Service Solutions to clients at over 2,300 locations including offices, hospitals, schools, defence sites, prisons, sporting events and visitor attractions.
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their age, disability, gender, transgender, marital or family status, race or ethnicity, religious belief of sexual orientation are welcome to and included within our business.