We currently have an opportunity for a Maintenance Technician to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a great team that offers great training and progression
• Undertake maintenance and reactive activity to a wide range of Electrical Building Services equipment including but not limited to LV systems, general lighting, building controls, small power and distribution, BMS systems and other equipment found in modern commercial/industrial premises
• Undertake within your levels of competency, inspection and reactive activity wide range of Mechanical Building Services equipment including but not limited to heating boilers, pumps, compressed air systems, sanitary ware, fan coil and air handling units and BMS systems and other equipment found in modern commercial/industrial premises.
• Be an essential part of the local team who will ensure the safe operation and repair of all M&E building services and fabric equipment on the site.
• To work within a shift system to provide a core presence at client sites within an extended weekday period.
• To undertake weekend/out of hours working to complete intrusive maintenance activites that cannot be undertaken in client operating hours.
• To implement systems that will ensure plant is maintained and operated to its optimum efficiency.
• Take part in Appraisals/Performance Reviews including the recognition of training and development needs.
• Monitor site performance of sub-contractors and report poor performance.
• Use of IT systems (Handheld device) as part of the CAFM system.
The Ideal Candidate
• Apprenticeship trained
• 5 years experience in electrical building services and plant engineering with a good alround working knowldge of mechanical systems.
• Excellent communications both written and verbal.
• Numerate and computer literate.
• Previous appointment as AP/CP for one or more of the following disciplines, LV, Confined Spaces, Working at Heights
• Experience of Construction Design Management Regulations (CDM).
About the Company
Sodexo is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland (Scotland).
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors.
we are currently looking to grow the Technical Services side of the business and are keen to not only recruit the best in industry but to develop and retain them.
With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.