Electrical Craftsman (Hard FM)
We are currently looking to recruit an experienced Electrical Craftsman to be a member of a multi- disciplined/skilled team comprising of 8 skilled craftsmen and 4 assistants, working a 24 hour rotating shift pattern.
By using Specialist knowledge and skills gained from training, experience and appropriate qualifications, you’ll work as part of a team or on occasions work alone using your own initiative, providing the safe operation and maintenance of a range of complex plant, equipment and control systems over the hospital site.
You’ll carry out a wide range of planned and emergency mechanical/electrical activities to a high standard.
Sodexo Healthcare is a leading provider of services to the NHS and private healthcare organisations in England. We provide quality of life services that improve patient and staff experience, raise standards and deliver financial benefits to our clients. We help to enhance the patient environment (including patient dining, cleaning/housekeeping, retail services), provide clinical support (equipment sterilisation) and manage technical estates teams (estates management, asset management, land maintenance and energy management).
- Maintain, test, diagnose and repair faults in complex mechanical/electrical installations, plant, control systems, and equipment dealing with new situations as they arise and passing on knowledge to others
- Investigating the underlying causes of breakdowns or failures and identifying and undertaking remedial action as required
- Assemble and install minor works of both their own and other trade disciplines
- Have a broad understanding of legislation and codes of practice affecting engineering works and comply with both these and the requirements of the Health & Safety at Work at all times
- Undertake risk assessments for maintenance and repair works to ensure that works are carried out in a safe manner
The Ideal Candidate
- Time served (apprenticeship) or equivalent
- Previous experience within a Technical services team - desirable but not mandatory
- Possess effective time management skills
- Good communications both written and verbal
- Numerate and computer literate
- Effective Team Player
- A strong customer care approach
- 7 x 10:00 pm – 06:00 am
- 1 x Rest Day
- 4 x 06:00 am – 2:00 pm
- 3 x 2:00 pm – 10:00 pm
- 4 x Rest Day
- 3 x 06:00 am – 2:00 pm
- 3 x 2:00 pm – 10:00 pm
- 2 x Rest Day
Salary: Band 5 spine point 16 – 23, £22,128.00 to £28,746.00 (+ R & R payment £3,500.00 per annum), dependent on knowledge, qualifications, skills etc. plus split shift (unsocial hours) payment.
27 days annual leave
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.