We currently have an opportunity for a Duty Supervisor - Healthcare to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
- Ensure the appropriate methods of cooking and presentation are used to maintain the highest standards of production and service
- To ensure meal service trolleys are correctly stocked with all items including hot and cold food, crockery, condiments and suitable service equipment
- Ensure communication with staff with reference to any specific dish content, portion size relevant to a specific patient
- Liaise with Systems Controller with regards to ordering of items in accordance with production requirements
- To assist (as required) with hospitality requests
- By means of spot checking and ward audits, ensuring that the meal service is being delivered to the required standard
- Undertaking the role of catering assistant on an adhoc basis as the need arises
- Building a good working relationship with the ward-based teams through close liaison
- Resolve and record minor complaints and problems, ensuring feedback is provided to the Patient Services Manager
- Ensure all dirty crockery, cutlery and service equipment is collected from ward level and returned to the central dish washing area for cleaning
- The reporting of mechanical defects and the need for repair items where appropriate and liaising with the Patient Services Manager
- Completion of staffing rotas to ensure full coverage at all times
- Reporting sickness where appropriate and ensuring timely completion of Return To Work paperwork
- Monitoring of individual staff members performance and identifying and training needs
- Regular attendance of team meetings and ensuring team huddles are delivered in a timely fashion
- To encourage best practice through example setting
- To undertake all training to comply with current legislation and to complete Sodexo Food Safety and Health & Safety passports as and when advised
- To undertake operational training and sign-off when complete
- To observe at all times the guidelines and working methods for adherence to food safety legislation and Health & Safety Legislation
- Carry out other reasonable requests as directed by management
The Ideal Candidate
- Literate & Numerate
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with customers, clients and staff
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to achieve performance criteria, with particular regard to food safety and hygiene
- Positive approach to learning in role
- Able to use own initiative
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Flexible approach to role
- Level 3 Food Safety certificate
Due to the number of applicants that we usually receive it is not possible to contact everybody individually. Therefore if you have not received an invite to interview within 10 days of the closing date of this advertisement you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support exforces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.