We currently have an opportunity for a Driver/Retail Assistant to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
- To continue to develop one’s own skills and knowledge within the position, including any required training courses
- To maintain excellent client/customer relationships
- To attend team briefs, huddles and meetings as required
- To attend your performance development review to discuss job standards and agree development activities
- To maintain a clean and tidy work area at all times
- To maintain high levels of personal hygiene and wear the appropriate uniform and PPE as required
- To care for all available resources including equipment, materials and supplies as directed
- To report any near miss occurrences, accidents or faulty equipment to management
- To ensure effective communication with line manager, team, customer and client organisation
- To maintain all areas of responsibility to the set service standards and in line with applicable service offer
- You will role model the company values and ensure they are reinforced at every opportunity.
- Ensure a high standard of personal hygiene and appearance conducive with working in a front of house environment. Conduct must remain professional at all times.
- You must seek to understand the client’s business environment and drivers, developing and maintaining strong relationships and establishing a network of client contacts.
- Effectively manage continuous improvements, taking corrective action where necessary and informing line manager of performance issues
- To carry out any other reasonable tasks and/or instructions as directed by management
- Compliance with the Health and Safety Act and COSHH regulations at all times
- To keep the vehicles provided clean, fuelled and well maintained, informing your Line Manager of service requirements or defects and completion of all vehicle related documentation on a daily and monthly basis
The Ideal Candidate
- Must hold a full driving licence
- Be over 21 years of age
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.