We currently have an opportunity for a PRC Driver to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
- Work under the direction of the PRC 2IC / CSM to provide round the clock MT cover if required in conjunction with other drivers (within driversâ hours regulations).
- Drive civilian vehicles up to a 17-seater minibus. Must have an appropriate licence as a minimum.
- The driver will be required to navigate himself to new locations with the assistance of maps and GPS navigation systems.
- Assist passengers on and off transport safely and accompany them (with other PRC staff) on activities.
- Ensure vehicles first, halt and last parades are carried out and all faults are reported and vehicles are kept to a high standard at all times.
- Operate Adapted Vehicles (training provided by the PRC in the removal/securing of seats/wheelchairs and tail lift use).
- Drive PRC personnel to meetings and conferences.
- Be prepared to work limited overtime as required. (TOIL will be utilised for any overtime)
- Assist with any other duties as directed by Line Management such as Car Park Reception; loading and unloading during deliveries etc.
- Assist Battle Back SNCO and Physical Development department with taking service personnel on excursions.
The Ideal Candidate
- Possession of a current driving licence is necessary to enable the incumbent to drive MoD vehicles. An FMT 600 will be required prior to driving MoD vehicles. Only staff with the appropriate licence and authorisation may drive the minibus.
- Must have at least 2 yearsâ driving experience and hold a D1 driving licence with no restrictions.
- DBS Check (covering Working with Vulnerable Adults).
All applicants must have a D1 licence with no restrictions (101)
About the Company
Sodexo is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland (Scotland).
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors.
With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.