We currently have an opportunity for a Domestic Assistant to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression
- Carry out all routine cleaning duties at the prescribed times and in compliance with the specific ward/ department policies and procedures at all times.
- Use and care of approved cleaning material and equipment at al times in accordance with the operator instructions
- Ensure that all equipment and materials are used and stored safely in compliance with COSHH regulations
- Undertake all cleaning duties in a safe manner using Hazard signs as appropriate
- Maintenance of high standards of cleaning throughout the area of allocation following correct procedures and equipment
The Ideal Candidate
1.Ability to communicate at all levels
2.Physically able to push trolley’s at all times
3.Ability to deal with clinical waste, smells, bodily excretions & fluids
4.Ability to follow instruction
5.Ability to comply with service requirements in line with client policies at all times.
6.Observance of Health and Safety legislation at all times
7.Undertake training as and when required
8.High standards of personal hygiene
9.Ability to work independently and as part of a team
10.Basic literacy skills
3 month fixed term contract 16hrs
Monday - Thursday 12.00-15.00 Friday 11.00-15.00
This role could become permanent
About the Company
Sodexo is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland (Scotland).
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors.
With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business