We currently have an opportunity for a Domestic Supervisor to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
- Deploy a team of domestic staff, assessing workload schedules and allocating resources as required whilst prioritising urgent requests
- Supervise the work of all domestic staff in order to maintain and deliver a quality service according to set work schedules and procedures
- Undertake weekly monitoring of quality control systems for the domestic service
- Undertake appropriate remedial action in areas that do not meet the required standards.
- Oversee the reporting of maintenance defects of domestic equipment and chemicals, according to set procedures
- Assist in implementing domestic policies to agreed standards
- Monitor, manage and report on all staff absences and sickness
- Ensure that all Domestics’ materials and equipment are kept clean, hygienic, and well maintained. Ensure that all materials and equipment are always locked away when not in use
- Accurate completion of necessary documentation as requested
- Build and maintain effective relationships with staff and clients
- Train new Domestic staff
- Provide cover as necessary in times of staff shortages
- Analyse and resolve staff performance problems and conduct staff appraisals
- Assist in organising and implementing appropriate training in line with personal development plans
- Complete surveys as required
- Perform other such duties as may be reasonably requested by the Operations Manager or Deputy Operations Manager.
- Adhere to all Health and Safety Regulations and COSHH
The Ideal Candidate
- Effective communication and customer care skills with patients, visitors, customers, clients and staff
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate effectively with customers, clients, and staff at all levels
- Ability to monitor, lead, and develop a team of people increasing individual effectiveness through leadership, motivation, communication, coaching and training
- Understanding of relevant Health and safety, Employment and other legislative requirements
- Knowledge of NHS policies, equipment requirements, and management practices
- Ability to achieve and set high standards and operate to performance criteria
- Positive approach to learning in role and identifying.
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.