Domestic Manager (Cleaning)
We are currently looking to recruit an experienced Domestic Manager to lead and motivate a team of domestic cleaners and domestic supervisors at our prestigious Stoke Mandeville Hospital.
In this role you’ll plan, organise and co-ordinate an effective cleaning service to the client organisation, in line with service level agreement and agreed performance indicators.
Sodexo Healthcare is a leading provider of services to the NHS and private healthcare organisations in England. We provide quality of life services that improve patient and staff experience, raise standards and deliver financial benefits to our clients. We help to enhance the patient environment (including patient dining, cleaning/housekeeping, retail services), provide clinical support (equipment sterilisation) and manage technical estates teams (estates management, asset management, land maintenance and energy management).
- Ensure standards of service detailed in the service level agreement and within the schedules of the contractual terms and conditions are achieved, maintained and developed
- Continually monitor all cleaning standards and hygiene standards and ensure they are maintained at the highest level
- Ensure operational excellence within your area of responsibility for labour management and performance
- Grow services in order to meet client and commercial expectations whilst maintaining strict budgetary control in line with client and Sodexo expectations
- Active involvement, promotion and support of activities aligned towards employee engagement and achievement of IIP Gold standard
- Manage performance and development of your Supervisory team
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience of working in a similar role within the service industry at a comparable level in a company
- Previous cleaning experience
- Knowledge of external cleaning developments and innovations
- Proven team leadership
- Management knowledge of health & safety
- Experience of managing labour budgets to target
- Able to work on own initiative within a team environment
- Working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Strong attention to detail and adherence to standards
- Good numerical and communication skills, must be able to demonstrate effective verbal and written communication
- Client Relationship Management
- Awareness of quality management systems e.g. ISO
- IOSH qualification
As part of our commitment to improving the quality of life for our employees, Sodexo offers a Flexible Benefits Scheme, allowing you to tailor a reward package to suit your needs but includes a technology scheme, private dental insurance, travel insurance, gym membership, Gourmet card, private medical insurance and the ability to purchase or sell annual leave. We also have a Sodexo Discount scheme, which offers employees and their friends and family the opportunity to benefit from over 1,200 discounts from top retailers both online and in-store.
40 hours per week - flexibility required to meet the need of the business – includes evening and weekend work
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.