Domestic Coordinator - (6 month FTC)
We are currently looking to recruit an experienced Co-ordinator to be responsible for recruitment and labour deployment within the cleaning department at the Imperial Contract, London.
You will analyse labour gaps and assist with roster reviews, support of domestic induction and training and support the cleaning service contract-wide with administrative support where required.
Sodexo Healthcare is a leading provider of services to the NHS and private healthcare organisations in England. We provide quality of life services that improve patient and staff experience, raise standards and deliver financial benefits to our clients. We help to enhance the patient environment (including patient dining, cleaning/housekeeping, retail services), provide clinical support (equipment sterilisation) and manage technical estates teams (estates management, asset management, land maintenance and energy management).
- Undertake analysis of the cleaning rosters and identify where the true vacancy gaps are
- Co-ordinate all stages of the recruitment process from advertising the vacancies and interviewing, to working closely with HR to ensure all required paperwork and compliance is completed.
- Undertake tasks related to the vetting and checking of new employees, i.e. right to work documents, DBS checks, occupational health clearance; record checks and clearances onto a central database
- Work closely with HR to transfer casual employees onto permanent contracts where appropriate.
- Update the master roster of cleaning hours and shifts and record which cleaner is recruited into each position
- Source agency staff where required to fill absences, vacancies or where the Trust has requested a variation to services and requires additional labour; oversee timesheet approval and submission.
- Co-ordinate the consumption of materials and consumables, implementing a system to ensure that each cleaner receives the correct allocation of materials
- Involvement in cleaning specific inductions with new domestic assistants / supervisors
- Support the Domestic Compliance Lead with any employee competency training requirements
- Undertake other duties as appropriate to assist the team in the administration of maintaining a clean and hygienic patient environment in line with the National Specifications for Cleanliness, Trust and Sodexo policies and procedures, KPIS and contractual obligations
The Ideal Candidate
- Proven experience of working in an administrative role
- Ability to see a project through to completion
- Highly organised with excellent time management skills
- Ability to work independently, flexibly and professionally
- Ability to adhere to instructions, standards and procedures
- Positive attitude and enthusiasm
- Ability to build strong working relationships
- Good standard of literacy and numeracy
- Computer literate with good working knowledge of Excel and Word
- Previous experience working in a healthcare environment
- Project management experience
- Change management experience
40 hours per week - flexibility will be required to work some evenings, weekends and night shifts
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.