Domestic Abuse Adult Worker (Band 4 Probation Officer) - advertised on behalf of BeNCH CRC
Are you interested in working directly with men involved in an abusive relationship ? Are you interested in playing an important part in changing lives in order to protect children and create a safer community?
We currently have opportunities for Domestic Abuse Adult Workers to join BeNCH CRC on fixed term contracts.
If you have good knowledge and experience of child safeguarding and experience of assessing and responding to the requirements of victims of domestic abuse, this could be a great opportunity for you.
The Diploma in Probation Studies, PQUIP, CQSW, Diploma in Social Work or equivalent qualification is essential for these posts.
- Work with other members of the Family Safeguarding Team to develop and deliver services to perpetrators and victims of domestic abuse.
- Contact prisoners and contribute domestic abuse and safeguarding plans as part of sentence planning to reduce the risk of re-offending.
- Work closely with other professionals in the Family Safeguarding Team to ensure that increases in risk of harm are escalated rapidly and a multi-agency plan is in place.
- Undertake home visits as required as part of the risk assessment and management.
- Develop and deliver group work activities based on cognitive behavioural approaches to assess, manage and reduce the risk of domestic violence and anger; as well as impacting positively on thinking and behaviour
- Obtain high risk information about perpetrators of domestic abuse in high risk families through interviews and enquiries
- Support people who want to exit a domestically abusive setting with advice and liaison with relevant specialist support services
- Contribute to the planning, running and reviewing of the team’s work programmes
The Ideal Candidate
- Diploma in Probation Studies, PQUIP, CQSW, Diploma in Social Work or equivalent qualification is essential
- Knowledge of the risk assessment process, impact of domestic violence and how best to support victims
- Up to date knowledge of legislation relating to domestic violence
- Extensive experience of assessing and responding to the needs and risks of victims of domestic violence
- Experience of producing high quality written reports and plans
- Good communication skills
- Ability to analyse and solve problems
- Experience of working to deadlines and under pressure
- Effective IT skills
- Experience of group work would be advantageous although not essential.
Salary £29,038 per annum plus an additional payment linked to experience and knowledge which applies for the duration of this role.
2 positions on 12 months fixed term contracts.
37 hours per week, 27 days holiday + 8 bank holidays, defined contribution pension scheme, company sick pay, group discount scheme.
There is an expectation that operational staff work some evenings and weekends to enable perpetrators and families to be worked with without jeopardising their employment.
We will accept applications from qualified probation officers and social workers
About the Company
The role of BeNCH CRC is to rehabilitate service users, reduce reoffending and protect the public and we are one of six CRCs operated by Sodexo Justice Services in the UK. We work with offenders both in the community and in custody to deliver the sentence of the court, to rehabilitate them and to provide a range of programmes and interventions to turn their lives around. We deliver effective offender management and rehabilitation services to low and medium risk offenders and our highly skilled staff work in a range of disciplines to make a real difference. Our aim is to create a better future for the people we work with - offenders, victims and their families and local communities. We are proud to have strong relationships with other criminal justice agencies, local authorities, health trusts, employment and training providers, and work with contracted partners to enhance delivery to our service users.
We serve the counties from the 10 major towns: Hemel, Stevenage, St Albans, Cambridge, Kettering, Northampton, Wellingborough, Luton, Huntingdon, Peterborough. BeNCH CRC is an Equal Opportunities employer. All applicants are considered on the basis of suitability for the post, irrespective of race, gender, sexual orientation, disability, age or religion.