Director - advertised on behalf of BeNCH CRC
The Bedfordshire, Northamptonshire, Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire Community Rehabilitation Company (BeNCH CRC) are currently recruiting for a CRC Director.
As CRC Director you will provide strategic and operational leadership across the CRC. You will be responsible for the delivery of the business and contractual requirements, including the financial performance and leading on HMIP Inspection improvement work.
You will also ensure there is an effective offender risk management framework and processes to promote public protection; and through high quality, integrated services, reduce reoffending.
The role of BeNCH CRC is to rehabilitate offenders, reduce reoffending and protect the public. We work with offenders both in the community and in custody to deliver the sentence of the court, rehabilitate and provide a range of programmes and interventions. We deliver services to low and medium risk offenders. Our aim is to create a better future for the people we work with - offenders, victims and their families and local communities.
- Deliver the agreed operational performance and contractual targets on time and within budget
- Service delivery and operational performance targets met or exceeded, with no or minimal financial penalty
- Operations delivered within allocated operational budget, including achievement of identified efficiencies
- Local partnership providers are utilised appropriately; services are referred to the supply chain and partnership providers are held to account to deliver required standards and outcomes
- Achievement of reduction in reoffending rates, and realisation of Payment by Results payments
- Quarterly and monthly operational reports reflect progress against milestones and targets, enabling effective forecasting
- High scores in operational audit and inspections
- Minimum satisfactory assessment for SFO reviews
- PDR’s completed on time and to good quality for all operational staff, training and development needs identified and met via the delivery of the annual training and development plan
- Operational staff sickness absence and retention targets met, succession plans in place
- Positive feedback from offenders, staff and stakeholders. Any areas for improvement identified through engagement are reflected in improvement planning processes.
- To support the 3 CRC’s in the south move to a regional delivery model.
**Full job description below
The Ideal Candidate
- Significant senior management experience of operations in a similar service related role
- Significant experience in improving service delivery and delivering operational excellence.
- Experience of being a visible leader who has an detailed understanding of the business and how we operate within the wider Criminal Justice System
- Financial management experience, and proven ability to achieve efficiencies
- Proven leadership skills, with evidence of successfully leading, managing and motivating geographically dispersed teams to meet demanding objectives.
- Strategic thinking, understanding policy and legal context, to make meaningful decisions in complex situations
- Proven ability to develop mature, productive relationships with internal and external service providers, key stakeholders and partners
- Commercial awareness including contract management experience
- Effective communicator and presenter
- Effective advocate for change and improvement
- Ability to effectively engage employees
- Relevant management qualification
- Experience of criminal justice sector
SCCOG point 35 (£57,507) - 59 (£73,018) dependent on experience
Holidays starting at 25 days plus 2 service days, defined contribution pension scheme, company sick pay, group discount scheme
First stage interviews will be held on 4th April 2019
Second stage interviews will be held on 10th April 2019
About the Company
BeNCH CRC staff provide a wide range of probation services which reduce reoffending across our county, making communities safer. Nationally recognised as a high-performing organisation, we are driven by fairness and openness and dedicated to ensuring that we are authorities on reducing crime, reducing the number of victims, and rehabilitating offenders. We are proud to have strong relationships with other criminal justice agencies, local authorities, health trusts, employment and training providers, and work with contracted partners to enhance delivery to our service users. We are committed to Safeguarding.
BeNCH CRC is an equal opportunities employer. All applicants are considered on the basis of suitability for the post, irrespective of race, gender, sexual orientation, disability, age or religion.