Diet Chef Assistant
We currently have an opportunity for a Diet Chef Assistant to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
- Assemble patient dietary meals accurately into the transport shuttle
- Ensure stock control and rotation procedures are maintained
- Ensure all foods are prepared according to standard recipe and production schedules.
- Preparation of food to deadlines
- Assist with the assembly and labelling of specialist dietary products, supplements and meal items
- Assist with the assembly and labelling of specialist dietary products, supplements and meal items.
- Ensure hygiene and health and safety policies are followed proposing changes as necessary
- Respond positively to and carry out any reasonable requests by Line Manager and the Dietetic Department.
- Comment on catering policies as necessary
- Obtain any utensils and equipment required and transport to the wash up area after use
- Ensure that stock control and rotation procedures are maintained
- Ensure accurate labelling of foods.
- Report any deficient machinery and report any accidents or injuries in accordance with company procedures
- Guidance to colleagues and new starters within own sphere of work
- Report defects and faults in accordance with company procedures
- Complete all audit and quality standards documentation as required
- Adhere to all legislation, Trust and Company policies in the provision of staff and visitor services
- Observe Hygiene regulations, in particular keep immediate work surface and equipment tidy and hygienic during all preparation, cooking and portioning of food
- Work in accordance with laid down procedures and standards
- To take reasonable care for your own Health and Safety and that of any other person who may be affected by your acts or omissions at work
- To co-operate with University Hospital of North Staffordshire Trust in ensuring that statutory regulations, codes of practice, local policies and departmental health and safety rules are adhered to
The Ideal Candidate
- Good communication skills to enable effective relationships with colleagues, regarding on job duties and provision of special diets catering service
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Basic Food Hygiene knowledge/training
- Manual handling training in general equipment used in meal service
- Good level of numeracy and literacy skills
- Be able to work under pressure in a busy environment
- Be flexible to ensure provision of service to required standards at all times providing general assistance throughout the catering department as necessary.
We are currently seeking an enthusiastic assistant cook to help with our in house patient dietary requirements. We use fresh produce and mould all puree diets.
ideally someone with experience in textured diets, but training can be provided for the right candidate.
About the Company
Sodexo is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland (Scotland).
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors.
With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.