We are currently recruiting for an experienced Development Chef in the South West. As Development Chef for Business Support and Quality you will work with the central Food Platform team to help establish Sodexo as the culinary leader in the UK & Ireland in the marketplace. If you’re an experienced self motivated commercial culinary professional, passionate about innovation then this could be the role for you.
The role is very rewarding, you will meet & work with lots of different teams within the business and learn from lots of different people. In return we offer a competitive salary plus company car plus bonus plus excellent benefits package
- Influence and promote food excellence and the regional food strategy
- Develop and manage a robust process for managing expectations to support segments
- Ensure full collaboration with all teams influenced by role
- Co-ordinate and drive alignment of recipe and menu development protocols and processes
- Drive best practice for culinary excellence developing innovative methods to deliver
- Fully support team to effectively test all recipes prior to launch
- Liaise with design team, central culinary team and segment executive teams to execute briefs effectively
- Establish strong working relations with all relevant stakeholders to ensure the most successful and effective use of the role
- Working closely with central and segment marketing, insight and design teams
- Ensure activity is managed to drive financial benefits and within correct cost parameters
- Ensure continuous testing recipes and menus in timely manner
- Play a full and active part in driving culinary expertise within all areas of the Food Platform strategy
- Collaborating with food platform to ensure optimised labour and food costs across menus
The Ideal Candidate
- Highly qualified chef at senior level with extensive experience in industry including people management, recipe and menu creation, ingredient knowledge
- A genuine love of food, eating and creating exciting and creative dishes and highly knowledgeable
- Fully in tune with current trends, able to demonstrate innovation at the highest level
- Experienced in Fine dining, restaurant style production to award winning standards
- Strong background in managing food business designing menus and recipes to achieve financial targets and accomplished in margin management
- Computer literate and working knowledge of Food Management Systems
- Strong leadership and man management skills with proven track record
- Strong influencing and relationship building skills with wide range of stakeholders
- Ability to manage a number of different projects at the same time including the allocation of resources as appropriate to deliver to timescales and deadlines
- Full Driving licence and ability to be flexible at short notice to travel to sites and stay away from home
Please note due to the urgency of this role we will start interviewing before the closing date. If interested please apply online ASAP with your CV to avoid disappointment.
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.