Deputy Retail Manager (Food Services)
We are currently looking to recruit an experienced Deputy Retail Manager to support with the day to day running and staff management of Retail, Hospitality and Subway outlet at the prestigious - Manchester University Foundation Trust.
Reporting into the Retail Manager, the key areas of responsibility will lie with front and back of house services within all Retail units including Subway, ensuring excellent customer service and development of the service offering. This role will also play a part in helping the service deliver to budgeted profits by continuously increasing sales and keeping costs under control.
Sodexo Healthcare is a leading provider of services to the NHS and private healthcare organisations in England. We provide quality of life services that improve patient and staff experience, raise standards and deliver financial benefits to our clients. We help to enhance the patient environment (including patient dining, cleaning/housekeeping, retail services), provide clinical support (equipment sterilisation) and manage technical estates teams (estates management, asset management, land maintenance and energy management).
- Lead the day to day running of the retail service, focusing on the management of labour and supervisory team to achieve KPIs
- Support with sales growth year on year for all unit within the Retail business
- Maintain staffing levels in line with service requirements; liaising with third party agencies as necessary
- Manage staff in line with the appropriate policies in relation to issues including conduct, performance, absence, grievance, fair treatment, pay progression, leave and all other HR policies
- Contribute to discussions with Retail Management regarding sharing ideas and best practice to improve site performance
- Establish good working relationships with service users - attend meetings and complete checks as re-quested
- Develop and maintain a safety culture to ensure all employees work in a safe and accident free environment
- Ensure payroll procedures are carried out correctly on a weekly basis to ensure the ac-curate and timely payment of all staff. Deal with any payroll queries and errors as a priority liaising directly with payroll as appropriate
The Ideal Candidate
- Previous experience in a Retail customer facing environment
- Experience of working within a Retail/Sales environment with proven record of managing to budget requirements
- Confident and adept communicator, with the ability to operate effectively at all levels
- Proficient IT user (Excel, Outlook, Word)
- Flexible, with the ability to work under pressure whilst looking for continuous improvements to service delivery
- Supervisory experience in the support services, facilities management, leisure, Retail sectors, (or related), ideally with exposure to the healthcare market
- An experienced manager and developer of teams, who is effective directing others
- Experience of working within a unionised environment
As part of our commitment to improving the quality of life for our employees, Sodexo offers a Flexible Benefits Scheme, allowing you to tailor a reward package to suit your needs but includes a technology scheme, private dental insurance, travel insurance, gym membership, Gourmet card, private medical insurance and the ability to purchase or sell annual leave. We also have a Sodexo Discount scheme, which offers employees and their friends and family the opportunity to benefit from over 1,200 discounts from top retailers both online and in-store.
40 hours per week, including some weekends depending on the needs of the business
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over 1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.