Deputy General Services Manager
Sodexo are currently seeking a Deputy General Services Manager to lead excellence in our operations at a hotel-style site in Shetland.
The position holder will assume responsibility of the site's operation in the absence of the General Services Manager and will support in the overall management of the site.
- Attend to any reasonable requests made by the line manager or the client.
- Ensure that within food services all food is prepared with due care and attention, particularly in regard to customer special dietary requirements: for example, nut, dairy or wheat allergies.
- Organise functions as required, some of which may occur outside of normal working hours.
- Drive business area performance through promotional activity and marketing initiatives and resources
- Develop strong working relationships with on-site client/third parties and operate proactively in line with the Clients for Life® philosophy to enhance client retention and customer satisfaction, gain referrals for new business and attract new clients and customers
- Utilise the Web of Influence to develop relationships with multiple tiers within the client organisation
- Carry out internal audits in line with Sodexo standards and contractual obligations
- Support line manager through regular monthly meetings
- Seek to understand the business environment, local competitors and drivers, developing and maintaining strong relationships and establishing a network of contacts.
- Ensure all inter-department communication is operationally effective for supporting events
- Maximise the profitability of the operation by managing costs and increasing the sales through the development of an agreed budget and business plan.
- Ensure that Sodexo accountancy, documentation and administration procedures are delivered to the required contractual specifications.
- Maintain the standards and integrity of the service offer and Service Level Agreement at all times. Carry out a daily service audit and perform activities detailed in the service offer manual under Key Performance Indicators to the frequency and level required.
- Team engagement including weekly team huddle and daily walk rounds
- Implement, maintain and communicate to employees the client, and Sodexo standards and statutory regulations relating to safe systems of work, health and safety, food hygiene and Company Quality Management system in order to ensure compliance
- Responsible for the safety and security of cash and stock in line with Sodexo procedures.
- Ensure compliance with product specific legislation where applicable e.g. age related legislation and licencing law.
- Ensure maximum security of unit areas including safe and cash handling and adhere to all relevant Sodexo policies and procedures
- Process payroll within company policy.
- To ensure that all statutory regulations and Sodexo and client policies concerning the employees are adhered to.
- Have a broad understanding of all Sodexo risk, reporting and governance processes; ensuring compliance with all company, client and on–site policies and procedures/systems and statutory regulations and ensure that licences and qualifications are met and retained and consequences managed appropriately.
- Ensure that health and safety is given the number one priority by delivering all Safegard administration in advance of and during logistical operations
- Lead where appropriate, and take part in management and employee briefings to deliver safety information to include; Food Safety, Health and Safety, Fire Safety, First Aid and any statutory, client or venue specific safety requirements
- Use nominated suppliers in line with Sodexo policy
- Accountability for the safety and security of cash and stock in line with Sodexo procedures
- Ensure compliance with product specific legislation where applicable e.g. age related legislation and licensing law
- Recruit, induct, motivate, manage and develop all employees following Sodexo HR policy and guidelines
- Manage employees using the Sodexo performance review processes, talent development and succession planning
- Role model the focus on five behaviours to improve engagement, enhance performance and retain Investors in People accreditation
- Manage labour in line with productivity models, policies and procedures
- Build personal effectiveness in all situations
- Continuous professional development in industry/specialism
- Continually seek ways to enhance quality through innovation and cost efficiency by monitoring performance against existing standards
- Promote Sodexo as the preferred employer, internally and externally, adhering to Sodexo recruitment policies and raise the profile of Sodexo in local communities, building relationships with key stakeholders
- Promote the health and well-being of employees
- Live the Sodexo values and promote brand standards as an ambassador
- Responsible for driving all aspects of service excellence across your business area including brand integrity, quality, compliance, Sodexo corporate social responsibility and service standards
The Ideal Candidate
- Good standard of literacy and numeracy
- Experienced in using Microsoft Office
- Previous experience in a commercial facilities environment
- Ability to interpret and utilise financial and commercial information
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with customers, clients, and employees at all levels
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- People management experience
- Manage multiple workloads and shifting priorities
- Achieve, set standards and operate to performance criteria; for example health and safety and hygiene
- Positive approach to learning in role and identifying own training needs as appropriate
- Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative
- Work effectively as part of a team
- Proven experience of managing a diverse workforce within a service environment
- IOSH managing safely qualification
- CIEH Level 3 qualification
- Experience of delivering training
- Experience of managing conflicting expectations of the client and consumer within one business area
Competitive salary + benefits
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 37,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their age, disability, gender, transgender, marital or family status, race or ethnicity, religious belief of sexual orientation are welcome to and included within our business.