Deli Bar- Cafe Supervisor
We currently have an opportunity for a Deli Bar Supervisor to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression
- Preparation of and the serving of meals and beverages to customers to the required standard set by the client
- Ensure that the kitchen and service areas are clean and tidy
- Ensure all food and health and safety regulations are followed
- Undertake accurate and timely stock taking, reconciliation of money and invoices
- Completion of company documents
- Usage of internal software for recording accounts
- Oversee staff reporting into you
- Manage workloads of yourself and staff
- Prepare staff rotas
- Complete all Legal training with Staff on their Shift and ensure training record cards are signed off.
- Ensure the Sales control sheets are completed accurately and investigate any discrepancies as necessary.
- Support the Catering Manager in ensuring the Fire procedure is carried out correctly.
- At the end of the shift to ensure the locking up procedure is completed correctly when necessary.
- Liaise closely with the Head Chef/Kitchen Shift Leader on a daily basis regarding menus and portion sizes.
- Attend training courses and meetings as requested by the Catering manager.
- Report any customer or client comments or complaints to the Catering Manager or the Food Quality and Production Manager.
- Carry out any reasonable request from any member of the Management team.
- Assist in any out of hours Special Functions as requested by the Catering Manager.
The Ideal Candidate
The successful candidate for this role will have:
- Catering and food production experience, ideally in a small to medium contract catering related environment
- Good customer service and communication skills
- The ability to demonstrate great team work and show the ability to follow instructions and supervise a small team
- Good computer skills
- Basic Food Hygiene and basic Health and Safety certificates are advantageous but not essential
- Supervisory experience
About the Company
Sodexo is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland (Scotland).
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors.
With an annual turnover of over 1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.