Counter/ Food Service Assistant
To provide excellent customer service from food service counters in a busy prestigious site. Good presentation, service and people skills are a prerequisite to meet the needs of our clients and customers
- Comply with all Company & client policies, procedures and statutory regulations including human resources, site rules, Health & Safety, safe working practices, hygiene, cleanliness, fire and COSHH. This will include your awareness of any specific hazards in your work place
- Assist with all aspects of preparation of food service areas and presentation of food to the notified standard.
- To prepare all food with due care and attention, particularly in regard to customers’ special dietary requirements: for example, nut, dairy or wheat allergies.
- Serve food; provide advice and guidance to customers and guests on menu choices and promote food offers.
- Replenishment of all food and equipment to ensure service periods do not stop.
- Assist with hygienic cleaning of utensils and work areas after service periods.
- Assist with and abide by cleaning schedules to agreed standards.
- Ensure that all catering equipment within the kitchen is in safe working order. Report any faults to management/client immediately
- To assist with the setup, service, clearing and cleaning of function catering as requested.
- Ensure that temperatures of fridges, freezers and hot cupboards/serveries are monitored and recorded in line with company regulations and the Food Safety Act
- Ensure that the control of raw materials and portions are to the Company's standards and ensure all food is served at the correct temperatures
- Ensure that all goods are quickly and correctly stored away on rotation system following the rule ‘first in, first out’ and comply with health & safety regulations
- Ensure that the Company's administration, documentation and procedures are carried out to the Sodexo way compliance standards
- Maintain high standards of hygiene and cleanliness in the food preparation and service areas at all times.
- Ensure the kitchen is left clean and tidy at all times, assist with routine cleaning schedules at all times
- Communicate well and demonstrate a pleasant, polite, efficient, caring and friendly service to customers and clients in all areas of service, which Sodexo provide
- Participate in any necessary training and team meetings as required to complete job responsibilities to the Company’s and Client’s standards e.g. health & safety, food hygiene
- Work as a team to promote harmonious working relationships within the Sodexo team
- Resolve on-the-job problems or to ask for advice form senior members of the team
- Assist at any special ad-hoc functions, some of which may occur outside working hours
- Report any customer complaints or compliments and take some remedial action if at all possible
- Report immediately any incidents or accidents, fire, theft, loss, damage, unfit food, or other irregularities and take such action as may be appropriate
- Carry out other reasonable tasks as directed by management
The Ideal Candidate
- Good communication skills
- Experience in working in a similar industry such as food service, catering or hospitality
- Previous food handling experience
- Ability to adhere to all health and safety practices
- Strong customer service skills
- High levels of personal hygiene and appearance
- Basic certification in general hygiene
- Experience in working in an environment where compliance to standard is key