Sodexo Healthcare are looking to recruit a Contract Director to take overall day to day responsibility for the operational management of contracted services at the Royal Stoke PFI, ensuring that Sodexo continuously and effectively support the Trusts clinical needs, to the agreed contract schedules and service delivery plans.
A key responsibility in this role is to deliver a seamless IFM solution to our clients whilst nurturing business synergies and efficiencies between Healthcare and the rest of the business.
Each year University Hospital North Midlands (UHNM) cares for over 900,000 people who come for emergency treatment, planned operations and medical care, the contract forms part of the Private Finance Initiative (PFI). UHNM has two sites - the Royal Stoke University Hospital, located in Stoke-on-Trent and the County Hospital, located in Stafford. From these hospitals UHNM provide a full range of general acute hospital services for approximately 700,000 people living in and around Staffordshire and beyond. Sodexo Facilities and Sodexo Healthcare have two prime contracts (Hard FM and Soft FM) and are main contractors to Project Co. The contracts commenced on 19 June 2007 for 37 years and 2 months.
Over the past 12 months, the circa. 1000 employees working for Sodexo on site have achieved multiple awards and recognition for their services, some of these include: The ROSPA Gold Award for the prevention of accidents and PFM Awards Winners 2017.
- Develop and manage a professional client retention and communication strategy, attending meetings with the Trust as required, being the Sodexo contract representative for the project agreement
- Manage the day to day operations and ensure service delivery is of a high quality with an emphasis on standards, Health & Safety and the patient experience
- Have full P&L responsibilities for the services being managed and accountability to deliver against company budgets
- Prepare and review, the allocation of operational budgets to meet the requirements of the contract on both revenue and capital costs
- Lead the development and implementation of the Business Plan supporting budget for the site, to achieve company and client objectives
- Attend Trust and related meetings, constructively contributing and react to requirements
- Recognise and manage the operations effectively with an existing workforce and organization including the identification of training and development needs
- Provide professional and technical decisions on the spectrum of Soft and Hard FM services
- Ensure all PFI protocols and contractual requirements are met
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience of a client facing role, managing multiple services in Healthcare
- Knowledge & experience of managing Soft FM and/or Hard FM services in large multi-site, complex contract(s)
- Strong leadership qualities, able to seize the initiative and drive results whilst having the ability to act as an effective team player within the operations team
- Demonstrable ability to manage and motivate teams
- Strong financial awareness
- Proven ability to plan and achieve results in difficult situations and in limited timeframe
- Be able to negotiate with and influence internal and external decision makers
- Proven ability to work in a Partnership approach with a client
- Ability to identify new opportunities and upsell within and around the agreed contract, at agreed margins
- Must be proactive rather than reactive in managing services and resources
As part of our commitment to improving the quality of life for our employees, Sodexo offers a Flexible Benefits Scheme, allowing you to tailor a reward package to suit your needs but includes a technology scheme, private dental insurance, travel insurance, gym membership, Gourmet card, private medical insurance and the ability to purchase or sell annual leave. We also have a Sodexo Discount scheme, which offers employees and their friends and family the opportunity to benefit from over 1,200 discounts from top retailers both online and in-store.
*Grade F2 - access to a variety of Sodexo benefits and discounts, flexible benefit fund, bonus, pension scheme and car allowance
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over 1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.