Conference Sales Coordinator
We currently have an opportunity for a Conference Sales Coordinator to work as a member of our busy team, providing the highest standards to customers and colleagues, ensuring the quality of services meet the client’s expectations and agreed Service Level Agreements.
As a Conference Sales Coordinator you will be responsible for:
- Handling enquiries professionally and sales orientated
- Contract/confirm bookings
- Chasing enquiries and negotiate rates as per yield schedule
- Meeting existing and potential clients to discuss services and capabilities
- Competently discussing any specific requirements for customers and ensure that they are deliverable
- Obtaining appropriate conference application form from external clients
- Managing the booking diary in an efficient and clever manner to ensure maximum occupancy can be achieved
- Obtaining event details, update the Opera booking system and electronic and paper filing systems appropriate
- Ensuring that the Opera booking system is kept up to date with accurate information for both event details and account details at all times
The Ideal Candidate
The successful candidate for this role will have:
- The ability to liaise effectively with internal and external customers and colleagues
- Use of MS Office Applications, Internet and database creation and maintenance
- To plan and organise workload producing consistent high quality outputs
- The ability to develop and maintain administrative procedures, i.e. electronic filing retrieval systems, booking systems, filing systems, etc
- Confidence in written and verbal communication skills with high level of attention to detail
About the Company
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young persons and vulnerable adults. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland (Scotland).
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors.
With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.