Technical Compliance Manager (Engineering)
Sodexo are currently looking to recruit a Compliance Manager to support our Corporate Services contracts in the South of the UK. This is a varied role where you will have exposure to a number of different contracts within our business, and the opportunity to raise standards in onsite performance.
This role will support the compliance framework of technical services to ensure our sites are compliant with statutory legislation and the contractual requirements of contracts. You will deliver a variety of Compliance audits and provide realistic advice to promote improving standards for the South region.
The ideal candidate will need to have a good understanding of Hard FM in corporate environments, and a wide variety of compliance issues including health and safety, security, environmental, quality and technical issues. You will have proven experience in both preparing for audits and also conducting them.
It is also essential that you have a formal qualification related to auditing in safety, technical compliance and environmental.
This role will require travel to different sites up to 3 days a week and so flexibility is a requirement.
- Regional responsibility for reviewing compliance against statutory legislation and the contractual requirements of Corporate Services contracts.
- Deliver a variety of compliance audits in line with programme which is influenced by changing risk profiles
- Provide advice and proactively promoting a joint approach to the management of compliance regionally, including health and safety, environmental, contractual and best practice standards
- Encourage, influence and negotiate with operational teams to work as a single team
- Gather data that is collated by the Head of Compliance and allows the compliance team to make decisions to improve and promote compliance
- Provide regional support to the wider Technical Management team and CS Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality teams
The Ideal Candidate
- Formal qualification related to auditing in safety, technical compliance and environmental
- Experience preparing for audits and conducting audits
- Practical and theoretical mechanical and electrical engineering in the built environment - including SFG20
- Demonstratable background of improving statutory compliance and full understanding of UK standards
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to coach, influence and negotiate
- Full UK driving license
- Good working knowledge of MS Office
- Experience in FM auditing
- Relevant engineering (mechanical/electrical engineering) degree
- Minimum NEBOSH certificate
£38,000 - £45,000 per annum + benefits
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process