We currently have an opportunity for a Commis Chef to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
- Comply with Sodexo procedures and policies.
- Comply with Health and safety, Fire Safety and Food Safety Legislation.
- Assist with all aspects of the preparation of food service areas, working areas and presentation of food to the notified standard.
- To prepare all food with due care and attention, particularly in regard to customers’ special dietary requirements: for example, nut, dairy or wheat allergies.
- Serve food and drink to customers and guests as directed.
- Assist with the replenishment of food, beverages and equipment to ensure service periods do not stop.
- Assist with hygienic cleaning of utensils and work areas after service periods.
- Assist with the implementation of cleaning schedules to agreed standards.
- Promote a friendly working relationship with colleagues.
- To attend all training sessions as required
- Promote a good company image to customers and guests by using positive customer service practices.
- To assist with the set up, service, clearing and cleaning of function catering as requested.
- To undertake occasional duties outside the normal routine but within the scope of the position and the department’s activities.
- To use all chemicals within the working environment safely and effectively according to company and statutory regulations (COSHH)
- To attend to any reasonable request by management
The Ideal Candidate
The successful candidate for this role will be:
- Willing to work in a busy kitchen environment
- Passionate for producing fresh food to a high standard
- Customer focused
- A strong communicator
- Willing to work with a team
- Complying to health, safety and hygiene standards
You will receive £8.75 per hour, contracted for 37.5 hours per week
This will usually be 06:30-14:30 but some flexibility is required to cover holidays/absence
Position is Sunday-Thursday in Glasgow City Centre
You will require security clearance to access the building, this includes a Basic Disclosure through Disclosure Scotland - this is critical to work in this building.
About the Company
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young persons and vulnerable adults. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland (Scotland).
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors.
With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.