We are looking for a Commercial Manager to oversee financial excellence in the operational management across all our UK Major Events, including The Open, Chelsea Flower Show, Henley Regatta and Royal Ascot. This role involves providing management information to support strategic decision making whilst developing key relationships within the UK Events Team.
Our heritage is built on catering and hospitality experience and fuelled by our passion for exceptional food and service. For over 40 years we have been providing bespoke catering and hospitality services for sports stadia, racecourses, visitor, attractions, historic venues, major events and premium airline lounges. Recognised across the globe for hospitality, we help create exceptional moments at extraordinary events such as Royal Ascot, Tour de France, The Open Championship and RHS Chelsea Flower Show.
For more information on the company see Careers in Sports and Leisure
In this role you will work closely with the Head of Events and Sales Manager to understand key financial levers, opportunities and cost drivers to improve profitability of the Events accounts.
- Developing high quality management information to the business that will deliver the identification and measurement of Key performance indicators, competitor comparisons as well as looking at future developments and unit performance
- Manage the planning, implementation, review and approval process for budgeting and forecasting with the heads of department to develop more accurate forecasting techniques.
- Prepare, producing and reporting on month end accounts for the UK Events team contracts. Planning and managing the commercial operation on site at the Events, from network site plan production, logistical planning, till and card machine set up through to management of the cash reconciliation and security during the operation.
- Ensure accurate completion of Hospitality invoicing and final billing to all internal and external clients.
- Reconciliation of event commitment registers and post accruals and journals for heads of departments.
- Work closely with the Head of Events to ensure that all client commission calculations and reports are produced in a timely manner.
- Working closely with, and maintain relationships and effective communication with business managers to ensure accurate and timely reporting of the accounts.
- Working closely with, and maintain relationships and effective communication within all internal departments.
The Ideal Candidate
Up to £45,000 + Bonus + Benefits
About the Company
Our mission is improve the quality of life of Sodexo employees and all those we serve, and contribute to the economic, social and environmental development of the communities, regions and countries in which we operate. We work to improve the well-being of people across the globe through our unique range of expert services and the talent of our teams. As one of the world’s largest employers and a
company of “people at the service of other people,” we are committed to being an employer of choice – providing jobs for our people, as well as training and opportunities for internal promotion to help our employees move up the career ladder.