Manage finances to deliver financial and other agreed performance targets for contract portfolio.
Ensure rigorous financial controls, governance and compliance for the contract portfolio.
Support the Head of Finance and the Contract Director (CD) and their senior teams in commercial decision making, mitigating risks and maximising profitability and cash collection
Develop and manage robust budgeting and forecasting processes across the contract portfolio: identifying issues and opportunities and ensuring the CD and senior management teams have plans in place to address them.
Assist the CD and FD to manage the annual budget process for the division and support the operational teams with relevant training.
Identify key performance drivers and work with site management to deliver ongoing efficiencies.
Actively support the CD in client negotiations and proposals for new and existing contract amendments.
Interrogate, challenge and optimize the submission of new business tenders.
- Influence and partner the CD and operational team to deliver contract performance in line with annual budget and forecast.
- Maintain full financial control and stability of the contracts, ensuring budgets and forecasts are prepared accurately
- Deliver a strong management review and control process with senior stakeholders, engaging functional specialists as required.
- Undertake assessments of risks within financial performance and work with key stakeholders to implement mitigation strategies to address in P&L performance and/or cash management
- Apply commercial knowledge of contracts to flag and account for any opportunities to increase profitability
- Define and progress contract amendments in response to Business/client/environmental changes
- Ensure robust financial controls across the contracts.
- Analyse and identify financial or commercial trends and provide insight in order to improve performance. Appropriate reporting and communication to key stakeholders within the contract, gaining their commitment to deliver agreed action plans.
- Provide commercial and financial modeling support to assist commercial bid teams and or clients
- Undertake rigorous review and challenge of new business tenders and ensure deliverability ahead of submission.
- Represent and champion Sodexo’s interests proactively by managing the contract and working effectively with the client.
- Respond to internal and external requests and deadlines for financial information and reporting
- Identify trends and review financial performance outputs to influence contract strategy
- Prepare financial data for Sodexo reports and financial review meetings
- Operate as a key member of the management team, sharing information and participating in meetings, gaining experience through application and sharing of knowledge
- Gain operational buy-in and compliance to drive performance improvement
- Work closely with other Commercial Finance Managers to ensure issues are dealt with systematically and to share and develop best practice.
- Lead or support a cross-contract commercial finance proje
The Ideal Candidate
- Qualified accountant with a minimum of 3 years post qualification experience
- Outstanding track record in influencing decision making within a business and improving performance with substantial profit impact.
- Committed and dedicated financial professional who is prepared to work hard to deliver contract targets
- Previous experience gained in a commercial role, preferably within a similar environment/organisation.
- Demonstrates commercial acumen with a proven ability to innovate and implement continuous improvement
- Strong and engaging communication skills, written and verbal, with a proven ability to convey complex financial information or models in simple terms to managers and colleagues of different capability levels.
- Proven track record developing financial and commercial models which are used for strategic decision making
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience of SAP, Hyperion Enterprise and Hyperion Essbase
- Demonstrate past experience of delivering improvements to poorly performing businesses & contracts
- Creative and pragmatic approach to problem solving
- Preferably experience of mobilising new contracts with tight budgetary constraints and ability to support the delivery of contract transition plans
Competitive salary of up to £55,000 DOE plus benefits including pension, bonus and a flexible benefits fund of £1,300.
As part of our commitment to improving the quality of life for our employees, Sodexo offers a flexible benefits scheme, allowing you to tailor a reward package to suit your needs which includes a technology scheme, private dental insurance, travel insurance, gym membership, Gourmet card, private medical insurance and the ability to purchase or sell annual leave to name but a few.
We also offer Sodexo Discounts site promoting discounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains and days out, where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly food shop to the latest cinema blockbuster.
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to further engage ex-forces personnel and reservists. Those applying for roles with us who meet the essential criteria advertised under the ‘ideal candidate’ on the vacancy advertised are guaranteed to progress within the selection process.