Commercial Finance Manager
As Commercial Finance Manager, you'll provide direction, management and leadership in all commercial and financial areas including but not limited to: business analysis, reporting, accounting, planning, control and risk management.
You'll partnerwith the Contract Director to provide commercial support and drive efficiencies across contract and lead the contract finance team for hard and soft services including finance administration
We are a key partner to the Ministry of Defence, running services at major UK and overseas military bases which improve quality of life for our military personnel. The impact of change and uncertainty as consolidation occurs throughout the armed forces, set against a backdrop of todays rapidly changing world, makes the preservation of high standards even more important than ever. We are dedicated to delivering the best quality as well as cost-efficiency in the delivery of infrastructure, facilities management, catering, retail and leisure services to the armed forces community
Sodexohave provided catering and facilities management services to Colchester Garrison and its minor units since 2004. The military base is the home of 16 Air Assault Brigade the UKs most rapidly deployable and powerful air manoeuvre fighting formation. The 460-acre site is home to approximately 3,500 military and 750 civilian personnel.
- Manage finances to deliver financial and other agreed performance targets for contract.
- Ensure rigorous financial controls, governance and compliance for contracts.
- Support the Finance Director and the Contract Director (CD) and their senior teams in commercial decision making, mitigating risks and maximising profitability and cash collection
- Line management responsibility for two finance manages (soft and technical services) including all finance administration.
- Develop and manage robust budgeting and forecasting processes across the contract: identifying issues and opportunities and ensuring the CD and senior management teams have plans in place to address them.
- Assist the CD and Finance Director to manage the annual budget process for the division and support the operational teams with relevant training.
- Identify key performance drivers and work with site management to deliver ongoing efficiencies.
- Actively support the CD in client negotiations and proposals for new and existing contract amendments
*please see attached job description below
The Ideal Candidate
- Qualified accountant with proven post qualification experience
- Previous experience gained in a commercial role, preferably within a similar environment/organisation.
- Outstanding track record in influencing decision making within a business and improving performance with substantial profit impact.
- Committed and dedicated financial professional who is prepared to work hard to deliver contract targets
- Demonstrates commercial acumen with a proven ability to innovate and implement continuous improvement
- Strong and engaging communication skills, written and verbal, with a proven ability to convey complex financial information or models in simple terms to managers and colleagues of different capability levels.
- Developed analytical skills, able to interpret complex financial data and trend
- Familiarity with client contacts, evidenced by the ability to make and influence decisions on behalf of the business that drive profitability and mitigate risk.
- Proven track record developing financial and commercial models which are used for strategic decision making
- Able to demonstrate improvements in performance through utilisation of measurement tools and reports
- Creative and pragmatic approach to problem solving
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience of SAP, Hyperion Enterprise and Hyperion Essbase
- Experience mobilising a contract with tight budgetary constraints and ability to support the delivery of the contract transition planhighly desirable
Competitive salary + benefits including car/car allowance, bonus, pension, flexible benefits scheme etc
As part of our commitment to improving the quality of life for our employees, Sodexo offers a Flexible Benefits Scheme, allowing you to tailor a reward package to suit your needs whichincludes a technology scheme, private dental insurance, travel insurance, gym membership, Gourmet card, private medical insurance and the ability to purchase or sell annual leave to name but a few.
We also offer Sodexo Discounts site promotingdiscounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains and days out, where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly food shop to the latest cinema blockbuster.
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over 1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business
Sodexo and our clients are committed tosafeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roleswill require applicants toundergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS)and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process tofurther engage ex-forces personnel and reservists. Those applying for roles with us who meet the essential criteria advertised under the ideal candidate on the vacancy advertised are guaranteed to progress within the selection process.