Commercial Finance Controller
We are currently looking to recruit an experienced Commercial Financial Controller to support the Business Director in all aspects of commercial decision making, financial performance, financial control, and contractual negotiations and discussions with both Project Co. and the Trust.
In this role, you’ll be responsible for driving financial performance, initiating and supporting local revenue and profit growth projects, and supporting the delivery of segment initiatives.
You’ll be responsible for accurate financial and management information and the management of a site based finance function, giving clear direction, and effective communication to ensure high levels of engagement.
Sodexo Healthcare is a leading provider of services to the NHS and private healthcare organisations in England. We provide quality of life services that improve patient and staff experience, raise standards and deliver financial benefits to our clients. We help to enhance the patient environment (including patient dining, cleaning/housekeeping, retail services), provide clinical support (equipment sterilisation) and manage technical estates teams (estates management, asset management, land maintenance and energy management).
- Support the Operational lead in the management of the on-going complexities of the contract and client expectations
- Involvement in discussions and negotiations with Trust and Project Co, influencing decision makers to achieve the best possible outcome for Sodexo
- Provide expert financial and commercial advice to operational management, driving financial performance through commercially sound decision making and analysis
- Ensure that Sodexo is billing in line with the mechanism(s) set out within the contract
- Ensure contract variations are appropriately documented, calculated and accounted for
- Work with the operators ensure that there is a robust process in place to facilitate the timely collection of debt
- Agreement of annual budgets and maintaining a robust forecasting process across the remit, identifying issues and opportunities and ensuring that the operations managers have plans in place to address them
- Identify and crystallise opportunities and manage risks within the contract, escalate these in a timely manner
- Work with Management to scope, instigate and facilitate the delivery of budget and other targets/ initiatives that will drive financial performance
- Preparation of relevant, timely management information to equip the operators with the information required to make business decisions
- Support the implementation and on-going delivery of Sodexo and Healthcare segment strategies as required, ensuring effective change management
The Ideal Candidate
- Qualified accountant (CIMA, ACA, ACCA) with post qualification experience
- Proven commercial acumen and negotiation skills gained through experience in dealing with complex contracts
- Strong communicator with the confidence to challenge, influence and support at all levels
- Demonstrable experience in continuous improvement and driving financial performance
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and prioritise workload
- Proven ability to scope and deliver projects
- Experience at managing and motivating a team
- A keen attention to detail
- Experienced Microsoft Office user
- Proven Healthcare industry experience
- PFI contract experience
- Systems experience (SAP)
As part of our commitment to improving the quality of life for our employees, Sodexo offers a Flexible Benefits Scheme, allowing you to tailor a reward package to suit your needs but includes a technology scheme, private dental insurance, travel insurance, gym membership, Gourmet card, private medical insurance and the ability to purchase or sell annual leave. We also have a Sodexo Discount scheme, which offers employees and their friends and family the opportunity to benefit from over 1,200 discounts from top retailers both online and in-store.
Global grade G2 - access to a variety of Sodexo benefits and discounts, flexible benefit fund, bonus potential, pension scheme and car allowance
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to further engage ex-forces personnel and reservists. Those applying for roles with us who meet the essential criteria advertised under the ‘ideal candidate’ on the vacancy advertised are guaranteed to progress within the selection process.