Commercial Assistant (Cost Audit/Supply Chain/Building Services/Finance)
As a Commercial Assistant, you will be accountable for ensuring invoices are paid and accurate and transactional commentary is up to date whilst challenging suppliers around value and driving the supplier to enhance that value through benchmarking and cost analysis.
- Conduct audit checks on 3rd party suppliers; ensure they are contractually compliant and are generating value for money. Check, verify and review rates and costs (day rates, schedule of rates, other)
- Apply technical knowledge in analysing data, reporting and creating solutions
- Managing and negotiating supplier queries through to acceptance
- Progress escalations with Contractors to resolution or escalate as required to the Management Team
- Attend supplier meetings to conduct audits, resolve queries, and review best practice as required
- Provide “insight & feedback” reports following audits, capture supplier behaviours for inclusion in monthly reporting
- Review and report on-going performance of the Supplier against contractual obligations
- Identification of works which require an on sight audit
- Facilitate supplier payments
- Build and maintain effective relationships with client, suppliers and internal teams
Please see job description attached below for further detail
The Ideal Candidate
Competitive salary of £23,000-£26,000 DOE + benefits including pension, flexible benefits scheme through salary sacrifice, starting holiday entitlement of 20 days plus statutory 8 days per year.
As part of our commitment to improving the quality of life for our employees, Sodexo offers a flexible benefits scheme allowing you to tailor a reward package to suit your needs which includes a technology scheme, private dental insurance, travel insurance, gym membership, Gourmet card, private medical insurance and the ability to purchase or sell annual leave to name but a few.
We also offer Sodexo Discounts site promoting discounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains and days out, where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly food shop to the latest cinema blockbuster.
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to further engage ex-forces personnel and reservists. Those applying for roles with us who meet the essential criteria advertised under the ‘ideal candidate’ on the vacancy advertised are guaranteed to progress within the selection process.