Coffee bar Service Assistant
To provide excellent customer service from food service counters in a busy prestigious site. Good presentation, service and people skills are a prerequisite to meet the needs of our clients and customers
- Comply with all Company & client policies, procedures and statutory regulations including human resources, site rules, Health & Safety, safe working practices, hygiene, cleanliness, fire and COSHH. This will include your awareness of any specific hazards in your work place
- Assist with all aspects of preparation of food service areas and presentation of food to the notified standard.
- To prepare all food with due care and attention, particularly in regard to customers’ special dietary requirements: for example, nut, dairy or wheat allergies.
- Serve food; provide advice and guidance to customers and guests on menu choices and promote food offers.
- Replenishment of all food and equipment to ensure service periods do not stop.
- Assist with hygienic cleaning of utensils and work areas after service periods.
- Assist with and abide by cleaning schedules to agreed standards.
- Ensure that all catering equipment within the kitchen is in safe working order. Report any faults to management/client immediately
- To assist with the setup, service, clearing and cleaning of function catering as requested.
- Ensure that temperatures of fridges, freezers and hot cupboards/serveries are monitored and recorded in line with company regulations and the Food Safety Act
- Ensure that the control of raw materials and portions are to the Company's standards and ensure all food is served at the correct temperatures
- Ensure that all goods are quickly and correctly stored away on rotation system following the rule ‘first in, first out’ and comply with health & safety regulations
- Ensure that the Company's administration, documentation and procedures are carried out to the Sodexo way compliance standards
- Maintain high standards of hygiene and cleanliness in the food preparation and service areas at all times.
- Ensure the kitchen is left clean and tidy at all times, assist with routine cleaning schedules at all times
- Communicate well and demonstrate a pleasant, polite, efficient, caring and friendly service to customers and clients in all areas of service, which Sodexo provide
- Participate in any necessary training and team meetings as required to complete job responsibilities to the Company’s and Client’s standards e.g. health & safety, food hygiene
- Work as a team to promote harmonious working relationships within the Sodexo team
- Resolve on-the-job problems or to ask for advice form senior members of the team
- Assist at any special ad-hoc functions, some of which may occur outside working hours
- Report any customer complaints or compliments and take some remedial action if at all possible
- Report immediately any incidents or accidents, fire, theft, loss, damage, unfit food, or other irregularities and take such action as may be appropriate
- Carry out other reasonable tasks as directed by management
The Ideal Candidate
- Good communication skills
- Experience in working in a similar industry such as food service, catering or hospitality
- Previous food handling experience
- Ability to adhere to all health and safety practices
- Strong customer service skills
- High levels of personal hygiene and appearance
- Basic certification in general hygiene
- Experience in working in an environment where compliance to standard is key
37.5 hours per week Monday to Friday. Uniform provided. Must be self motivated and have great customer interaction skills
About the Company
This office is Nestle UK and Ireland head office with over 1000 people on site this role requires someone happy to work on their own and take ownership of this business between your working hours. It is a fun place to work with great interaction with our customers
If you enjoy dealing with customer please apply