Technical Services Manager - Cluster
Are you an experienced Technical Services Manager with strong leadership skills?
We are looking to appoint a new Cluster Technical Services Manager who will have ownership of 5 client sites across the South of London. You willmanage the service delivery of all M&Eactivity,drive and manage projects across the portfolio and manage the sub-contractors and client relationship.
- Maintain formal and informal communications with Client Managers related to service activities, including review meetings.
- Provide client and Sodexo with such information and reports as may be reasonably required for the overall monitoring, planning and control of the contract or for other purposes.
- Exchanges maintenance, technical project-related information with specialists, non-specialists, and negotiate with contractors and supplies.
- To have and develop a specialist knowledge and skills on all aspects of Engineering disciplines.
- Ensure all works are carried out in accordance with the company quality assurance system and carry out regular audits as required within the quality assurance system.
- Ensure all operations are complaint with statutory or regulatory requirements.
- Actively seek and identify opportunities for innovation and business improvement measures within responsible contractual areas and within Sodexo FM business.
- Attend to and take all necessary action, statutory or otherwise, in the event of incidents and accidents, fire, theft, loss, damage or other irregularities and take such action as may be appropriate.
- To collect all data and information necessary to analyse all aspects of the service taking into account legislation and future direction of legislation, health and safety, Client and Sodexo policy.
- To use data and information in complex forms to bench mark, fault find, predict and analyse systems failures.
- Operationally resolve staff performance problems and resolve staff shortages.
- Make judgements on compliance with health and safety requirements carrying out risk and COSHH assessments within the site.
- Make sound judgements across wide range of issues taking into account legislation, H&S, conflicting demands, offering expert advice on site operational matters.
- Prepare, plan, implement and modify maintenance and procurement programmes to ensure that 100% availability of service to the site. Organise all the appropriate resources to ensure the delivery of the programme as planned.
The Ideal Candidate
- IOSH Certificate in Managing Safety
- High level of practical knowledge of relevant employment, Health and Safety and general legislative requirements
- Experienced at a professional level with a proven track record of building services management and building asset (plant and equipment) operations in a complex building services environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to relate to all levels within Sodexo
- Proven experience of managing employees within a service environment and maximising the performance of their team. Experience of direct labour management of subcontracting staff.
- Minimum of City & Guilds Craft Qualification Certificate and demonstrable experience in a trade discipline
- Computer literate.
- Numerate and Literate with developed communications skills
- Planning and Organisational skills
- Flexible with the ability to work under pressure whilst looking for continual improvements to service delivery.
- Ability to grasp requirements effectively and to relate to the service provisions of the Contract
- NEBOSH Qualified
- Have held an Authorised Person (Trade Discipline Specific)
- Certification in Risk Assessment
- ISO Standards Internal Auditor
- Management of Legionella, Water Quality Management
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over 1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process