Clinical Recovery Nurse
HMP Forest Bank are currently recruiting for a Clinical Recovery Nurse.
You will deliver provide a clinical integrated drug treatment service for prisoners from the point of entry into HMP Forest Bank so that re-offending is reduced and the health and social functioning of prisoners is improved.
HMP Forest Bank serves the courts of Greater Manchester and maintains strong links to the local community with a focus on resettlement. We aim to deliver quality of life services and support people to change their lives for the better.
Opportunities for learning and developing work-ready skills are on offer for all who come in to custody, but our commitment to reducing reoffending in local communities does not end at the prison gate. We support people released from custody through innovative partnerships in substance misuse services in Bury and Oldham, working with people to maintain recovery and lead law-abiding lives.
As well as the 16 residential units on site, there is a healthcare centre, gym, library, workshop complex, visits hall, chaplaincy and kitchen. The prison’s capacity stands at 1,460, holding adult men both on remand or sentenced and young prisoners between the ages of 18-21 years.
For more information on working in Justice within Sodexo please see Careers in Justice
- Triage the drug treatment needs of new arrivals/transfers and those currently in custody and provide advice on a range of health and harm reduction issues to drug misusers.
- Safely promote the generic health needs of prisoners with drug misuse issues and refer on to Health Care when required.
- Provide a safe and accurate full comprehensive clinical substance misuse assessment of prisoners drug treatment needs in collaboration with the lead Substance Misuse GP and Recovery Services using evidence based research.
- Safely and effectively carry out appropriate clinical and prison ACCT risk assessment regarding the prisoner’s drug treatment and mental health issues thereby implementing appropriate interventions to manage the risks.
- Administer and supervise the consumption of controlled drug medication as prescribed to patients of the service in line with the service / Prison Protocols.
- Work in close collaboration with the Lead Substance Misuse GP and Pharmacist regarding the development and implementation of treatment protocols, policies and guidelines for the continuation or initiation of Clinical Recovery for patients received or treated in the prison.
- Communicate information in line with Prison confidentiality policies to relevant agencies both within and external to the prison.
- Ensure the compilation and maintenance of proper and accurate confidential records of all patient interventions and contact with other agencies, consistent with NHS practice and regulations and as required by Sodexo Justice Services Instructions.
- Maintain and develop IT skills to be able to operate I.T. equipment as provided by the Prison.
- Be responsible for the induction, clinical supervision and training of the junior health care assistants so as to maintain high standards of care.
The Ideal Candidate
- RGN Qualification
- Proven experience in similar role.
- Experience of working in the substance misuse field.
- Experience of working within a prison setting.
- Experience of working with offenders.
We provide a safe and controlled working environment where you get to see the full cycle of patient care and work with a dedicated multidisciplinary team. You will have the opportunity to work independently, make your own decisions and have a family friendly work-life balance.
Some of the other benefits that we offer are:
- Excellent salary
- Free on-site parking and free meals while on duty
- Long service award
- Free learning and development
- Childcare vouchers
- Access to Sodexo Discounts – wide range of Holiday, travel and retail discounts
- Support in contributing ½ towards NMC fee’s
- 20 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- 3 Long Days per week working 6.30am – 8pm with 2 allocated break times per day. You will be required to work 1 weekend in 3 however there will be no requirement to work night shifts.
- Opportunity to specialise in Substance Misuse, RCGP courses
- Subsidised gym membership £20 per month.
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.