We currently have an opportunity for a Cleaning Supervisor to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
- To assist the Contract Manager with the day-to-day operations and organisation of the department.
- Ensure that all areas are monitored and maintained in accordance with HSWA and COSHH regulations.
- To assist in the control of all chemicals and equipment in line with HSWA and COSHH regulations.
- Assist the Cleaning Manager with the Company Quality Assurance Audit as specified.
- To maintain a liaison with the waste disposal subcontractor to ensure the satisfactory performance of waste disposal management services.
- Develop one’s own skills and knowledge within current position.
- Maintain a safe system of work within the Company Health and Safety Procedures laid down.
- To assist colleagues with departmental responsibilities once duties are completed.
- Continue to develop one’s own skills and knowledge within the position, including any required training courses
- To maintain excellent client/customer relationships
- Attend team briefs, huddles and meetings as required
- Attend your performance development review to discuss job standards and agree development activities
- Maintain a clean and tidy work area at all times
- To maintain high levels of personal hygiene and wear the appropriate uniform and PPE as required
- To care for all available resources including equipment, materials and supplies as directed
- Report any near miss occurrences, accidents or faulty equipment to management
- Ensure effective communication with line manager, team, customer and client organisation
- To maintain all areas of responsibility to the set service standards and in line with applicable service offer
- Supervise the team fairly and drive engagement
- Continue to develop one’s own skills and knowledge within the position.
- Carry out other reasonable tasks and/or instructions as directed by management.
The Ideal Candidate
- Demonstrate experience of working in a similar role within the service industry at a comparable level in a company
- Ability to solved problems and liaise with your line manager to implement appropriate actions
- Previous experience of working in standards driven/compliance environment
- Strong knowledge of health and safety and COSHH regulations
- Ability to prioritise and deploy resources effectively
- Client relationship experience
- Awareness of quality management systems e.g. ISO
- IOSH qualification
- British Institute of Cleaning Science (BICS) qualified
- Knowledge of external cleaning developments and innovations
- Experience of working within military environment
- Previous experience of effectively supervising a team
- Leadership skills and knowledge
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.