We currently have an opportunity for a [Job Title] to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
- Have full knowledge of all areas which are to be cleaned in the course of duty
- Ensure all areas are cleaned efficiently and in a timely manner to the required standards.
- Have full working knowledge of all cleaning equipment, materials and agents and use cleaning equipment as directed by your line manager only after correct COSHH training has been given. Report any equipment which is faulty, mark as faulty and do not use.
- Report any safety hazards or inappropriate compromises to the line Manager e.g. locked fire door, lifting flooring, lights not working etc
- Ensure that the specified safety signage is used at all times, e.g. wet floor signs and “warn/advise” customers where possible.
- To be aware of material expenditure and cost and avoid unnecessary waste
- Ensure that cleaning stores are kept clean and tidy and equipment stored safely at all times.
- Comply with all security regulations for cleaning materials, equipment and buildings as laid down by client and Sodexo and report immediately any shortages or discrepancies found.
- Day to day running of staff allocating jobs and checking (including Periodical cleaning)
- Managing the ECAT auditing system and completing daily audits with follow up completions to close off jobs
- Managing staff rotas, holidays and cover
- Monitoring levels of cleaning material stocks where appropriate so that new supplies can be re-ordered
- Weekly Huddle meetings with all staff
- Daily individual meeting with all staff, if necessary
- To deal with any complaints by immediately reporting them to the Line Manager.
- Attend training courses and meetings as is necessary to maintain standards in the contract and assist in carrying g out the job role efficiently
- Provide cover in other areas in times of sickness and holidays.
- Overtime may be required at weekends
- Ensure all cleaning equipment is kept clean & maintained in safe working order.
- Report any defects to the supervisor/Manager immediately.
- Comply with all Company policies procedures and client site rules and regulations
- Comply with all Company & client policies and statutory regulations relating to Health & Safety, safe working practices, hygiene, cleanliness, fire and COSHH. This will include your awareness of any specific hazards in your work place
- Train all staff in H&S, safe working practices, hygiene, cleanliness, fire and COSHH.
- Consumables Stocktake & Ordering.
- Carry out all other reasonable tasks as directed by your Manager
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.