We currently have an opportunity for aCleaning Operativeto join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
- To ensure that all specified areas are cleaned to the standard required. All daily, weekly and periodic tasks are carried out as required and at a time to minimise disruption or interference to the education ethos and other functions within the school.
- To have full knowledge of all areas which have to be covered in the course of duty i.e. floors, surfaces, furniture, fittings, glass panels and any specified extra equipment.
- To have full working knowledge of all cleaning equipment, materials and agents.
- To ensure all public areas, offices, conference areas, toilets, accommodation and other service areas are maintained to the high standard required and be responsible for replenishing toilet paper, paper towels and soaps.
- To ensure all cleaning equipment is kept scrupulously clean and maintained in good, safe working order.
- To be aware of material expenditure and avoid unnecessary waste.
- To report any maintenance defects or issues to the Cleaning Supervisor.
- To observe Client and Facilities Management rules at all times.
- To maintain high standards of operation hygiene.
- To ensure and maintain a high standard of personal hygiene and to give particular attention to hands/finger nails, hair care and general appearance.
- To observe all Client and company Statutory Fire and Health & Safety Regulations and to promote good safety habits and methods of work.
- To deal with any complaints immediately and report to the Supervisor.
- To maintain strict security precautions to safeguard equipment and to inform the Cleaning Supervisor of any shortage, breakages or discrepancies found.
- To ensure that the correct procedures are followed when dealing with lost property.
- To perform miscellaneous cleaning tasks as instructed by Cleaning Supervisor.
- To attend training courses, as required, to keep up-to-date with legislation and Company Policy and procedures.
- To perform any other reasonable task requested by Line Manager including anything that falls under emergency cleaning.
The Ideal Candidate
- Skilled at being part of a motivated team committed to the vision and values of the Company.
- Ability to use own initiative and take responsibility as appropriate.
- Committed to working within a team and providing assistance and support when required.
- Experienced in the safe use of cleaning equipment and materials.
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members and customers.
- Ability to prioritise work to maintain high standards.
- Willingness to undertake training and professional development as required.
- Awareness of Health and Safety in a working environment.
- Resilient and robust with a positive outlook.
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over 1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.