Cleaner - Weekends
We are currently seeking a Weekend Cleaner to work in the one of our Cork sites.
We are looking for someone with excellent organisational skills, the ability to prioritise their workload and have the ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences.
You will be working as part of a team but you will at times be expected to work independently and under your own initiative.
- Have full knowledge of all areas which are to be cleaned in the course of duty;
- Ensure all areas are cleaned efficiently and in a timely manner to the required standards;
- Have full working knowledge of all cleaning equipment, materials and agents and use cleaning equipment as directed by your line manager only after correct COSHH and equipment training has been given. Report any equipment which is faulty, mark as faulty and do not use;
- Report any safety hazards or inappropriate compromises to the line Manager e.g. locked fire door, lifting flooring, lights not working etc.;
- Ensure that the specified safety signage is used at all times, e.g. wet floor signs and warn or advise customers where possible;
- To be aware of material expenditure and cost and avoid unnecessary waste;
- Ensure that cleaning stores are kept clean and tidy and equipment stored safely at all times;
- Comply with all security regulations for cleaning materials, equipment and buildings as laid down by client and Sodexo and report immediately any shortages or discrepancies found;
- Ensure a high standard of personal hygiene and appearance and general cleanliness to comply with statutory and Company regulations, wearing company uniform as specified
- Inform your line manager of low levels of cleaning material stocks where appropriate so that new supplies can be re-ordered;
- Provide cover in other areas in times of sickness and holidays;
- Ensure all cleaning equipment is kept clean & maintained in safe working order. Report any defects to the supervisor/Manager immediately.
- Comply with all Company & client policies and statutory regulations relating to Health & Safety, safe working practices, hygiene, cleanliness, fire and COSHH. This will include your awareness of any specific hazards in your work place;
- Respond positively, politely and promptly to all customer requirements and carry out your duties in a professional and courteous manner.
- Ability to work on own initiative;
- Be organised and have good time management skills
- Carry out all other reasonable tasks as directed by management.
The Ideal Candidate
The successful candidate for this role will have
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Methodical approach and great eye for detail
- Previous cleaning experience desirable
- Previous experience as kitchen porter desirable
Cleaner - Weekends
Saturday & Sunday
16 hours per week
Training will be given
Applications to: Kevin.email@example.com
About the Company
Sodexo UK & Ireland employs around 43,000 people and delivers On-Site Service Solutions to clients at over 2,300 locations including offices, hospitals, schools, defence sites, prisons, sporting events and visitor attractions.
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their age, disability, gender, transgender, marital or family status, race or ethnicity, religious belief of sexual orientation are welcome to and included within our business.