Cleaner - Holyport College
To conduct a varied number of cleaning tasks as directed by the cleaning Supervisor and GS Manager.
- Undertake all required training in relation to all aspects of the cleaning service delivered to the client, as requested.
- Complete a schedule of cleaning tasks, as directed by the cleaning Supervisor/GS Manager
- Wear the company uniform at all times whilst at work
- Wear any items of personal protective equipment relevant to the task, as specified by the cleaning Supervisor/GS Manager
- Comply to all client policies and procedures in relation to housekeeping, infection control, security, safeguarding etc.
- Ensure that all requirements in relation to COSHH are adhered to, as specified by the COSHH folder or cleaning Supervisor/GS Manager
- The method of conducting all cleaning tasks is as directed via the training provided by Sodexo.
- Ensure that the site/cleaning offer colour coding policy is adhered to at all times
- Ensure that all requirements of the specified cleaning offer, are carried out, as directed by the cleaning Supervisor/GS Manager
- To report all faults in relation to cleaning machinery/equipment to the cleaning supervisor.
- To report all building defects to the cleaning supervisor
- To carry out any reasonable request, as specified by the cleaning Supervisor/GS Manager
- To dispose of waste materials to designated collection points.
- To maintain clean working environment at all times, with special regard to hygiene.
- To undertake occasional duties outside the normal routine but within the scope of the position and the department’s activities.
The Ideal Candidate
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers, clients, and staff
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to achieve performance criteria, with particular regard to hygiene
- Positive approach to learning in role
- Sense of own initiative
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team or alone
- Flexible approach to role
- Previous cleaning experience not essential but useful
We currently have vacancies for 2 cleaners to join our established team based at Holyport College in Maidenhead.
Vacancies are; 6am - 8/9am and 10am - 2pm 5 days per week Monday to Friday. These roles are term time only with some work required during term closedowns. Contracted for 39 weeks a year paid over 52 weeks.
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right team player to join a highly reputable business that encourages career progression and offers company benefits.
If you feel you have the relevant skills and experience to carry out this role then apply today for the chance to be considered for an early interview.