Cleaner / Caretaker - Part Time
We are currently seeking a Cleaner / Caretaker to work in one of our Offaly sites.
We are looking for someone with excellent organisational skills, the ability to prioritise their workload and have the ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences.
You will be working as part of a team but you will at times be expected to work independently and under your own initiative.
- To be responsible for the safety and wellbeing of the cleaning operatives within your specified team
- To carry out adhoc caretaking duties as required.
- Wear the company uniform at all times whilst at work
- Wear items of personal protective equipment, as specified by the FM Manager
- Comply with all policies/procedures in relation to housekeeping/infection control /security
- Ensure that all requirements in relation to COSHH are adhered to, as specified by the FM Manager
- Conduct all required training with cleaning operatives in relation to operational/ legal/client /cleaning offer requirements
- Understand all requirements of the specified cleaning offer and ensure they are carried out, as directed by the FM Manager
- To attend to all faults in relation to cleaning machinery/equipment.
- Ensure that the specified safety signage is used at all times, e.g. wet floor signs and “warn/advise” customers where possible
- To report all building defects to the FM Manager and carry out minor repairs as requested by the FM
- To attend team meetings, as required
- To liaise with the specified client contact, as directed by the FM Manager
- Attend training courses and meetings as is necessary to maintain standards in the contract and assist in carrying out the job role efficiently (Some of which may occur outside normal working hours)
- Carry out all other reasonable tasks as directed by FM Manager
- Flexible working hours to comply with school functions and additional tasks required to be complete outside school hours.
- Note issues and concerns highlighted in relation to health and safety
- All aspects of the relevant cleaning offer in place and updated as required.
- All faults and defects addressed within agreed timescales
The Ideal Candidate
- Basis numeracy / literacy skills
- Comply with Company and statutory regulations relating to safe systems of work, health & safety, hygiene, cleanliness, fire and chemical safety..
- Maybe contacted outside hours for emergency issues.
- Work as part of a larger team on site
Cleaner / Caretaker - Part Time
Monday to Friday
15 hours per week
Smoking NOT permitted in school areas.
Applications to: Robert.Czapski@sodexo.com
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process