We currently have an opportunity for a Chef to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
- To plan, execute and manage the production and delivery of all Sodexo catering services and to ensure they are delivered to a high standard in line with company and client expectations and service level agreements,
- Maintain and grow current Customer/Student satisfaction base
- To report to the Head Chef / Chef Manager and support all Kitchen team.
- To ensure all company food safety, health and safety and statutory policies are adhered to and maintained.
- Manage the Food preparation, production and cooking in liaison with Head Chef and Catering Manager.
- To work with the Kitchen team to ensure that all areas are prepared and ready for the appropriate service and times to ensure that all service standards and company initiatives are met.
- Ensure all food safety & health & safety documentation is complete, correctly recorded and is accurate.
- Ensure all food is prepared correctly and in particular in respect of dietary requirements and allergens. Compile Allergen folders for all menus and offerings
- Ensure good stock rotation and appropriate stock levels are adhered to.
- Ensure that all equipment used is in safe working order, checked regularly and any faults reported to management, ensure equipment is not used until safe, and all staff receive appropriate training in order to complete daily tasks.
- Attend training courses and Sodexo company meetings as requested
- When lone working on a Saturday completing washing up and cleaning tasks as required.
- To supervise a team and work alone.
- Any reasonable task requested by the chef manager.
The Ideal Candidate
The Ideal Candidate
- Good interpersonal skills
- Adaptable to any changes requested by the School or Sodexo
- Experience of working in a team and on own initiative
- Positive attitude, self-motivated
- Flexible approach to the role
- Previous catering experience
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
If you feel you have the relevant skills and experience to carry out this role then apply today.
Job Title: Chef
Salary: £12.31 per hour
Location: St Pauls – London EC4M
Start Date: ASAP
Working Hours: 30 - 35 hours per week, 41 weeks per year.
Shift patterns: 3 weekly rota, working two weekends out of three
Chef Job Introduction:
We currently have a new opportunity for an enthusiastic Chef to join our team at St Paul’s Cathedral School based in St Pauls, London. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.