We currently have an excellent opportunity for a Chef to join our busy team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
- To assist in implementing and maintaining the prompt and efficient preparation and service of all meals and breaks at the required time, being provided to the standard of the food service offer(s) and laid down in the Service Level Agreement and to the Client's, Customer's and Sodexos satisfaction.
- To ensure that all food is prepared with due care and attention, particularly in regard to customers special dietary requirements: for example, nut, dairy or wheat allergies.
- To assist in implementing and maintaining the service for all Hospitality related activities, production service, clear down
- To report and, where possible, take action for any incidents of accident, fire, loss, theft, damage, unfit food, or any other irregularities
- To attend meetings and training courses as required.
The Ideal Candidate
- Ability to achieve and set standards and operate to performance criteria, with particular regard to hygiene
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to verbally communicate effectively with customers, clients, and staff
- Basic Food Hygiene Certificate
- Literate and numerate
- 5706/2 or NVQ2 chef qualification, or equivalent
We're looking for a chef to provide excellent service across both of our messes. The jobis 5 days out of 7 with occasional weekends.
Sodexo will provide all the tools (including uniform) and training needed to perform the job to the excellent standards that our customers are used to.
The successful candidate will have access to RewardHub which has a big range of discounts, including but not only:
Cycle to Work: Spread the cost of getting a new bike through this Government initiative.
Sodexo Wellbeing Zone: Information on general health, healthy eating, fitness and workplace health for you and your family.
Childcare Vouchers: Help with the cost of childcare through salary sacrifice,you can save on National Insurance and tax too.
About the Company
Sodexo andour clients are committed tosafeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young persons and vulnerable adults. Certain roleswill require applicants toundergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS)and/ or Disclosure Scotland (Scotland).
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors.
With an annual turnover of over 1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.